Chloroquine phosphate

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know where to buy a digital scale that can weigh Mg's and G's? There's something on Amazon but I can't remember the name of it....

Sweeper13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to update the min order amount from Diamondback. I just got off the phone with them and it will be 30 grams not 60 grams as mentioned in my past post.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread. Some questions after reading it all:
Has anybody tried treating with CP, had a fish have a bad reaction, and removed the CP and had the fish recover? I've only seen one account of that so far.
It seems like the jury is still out on whether it's safe to use on anthias or wrasses. Especially Halichoeres and six lines. I would love to hear if anyone has any more anecdotal evidence.

Also how much has it cost for people who've got a prescription from a vet and filled it through diamondback drugs?

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody tried treating with CP, had a fish have a bad reaction, and removed the CP and had the fish recover? I've only seen one account of that so far.
It seems like the jury is still out on whether it's safe to use on anthias or wrasses. Especially Halichoeres and six lines. I would love to hear if anyone has any more anecdotal evidence.

Also how much has it cost for people who've got a prescription from a vet and filled it through diamondback drugs?

I can answer the last part. Cost me about $35 for 30 grams plus shipping which was about $7.

dstienmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've treated a six line

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it? Some people were saying $180+.
Diamondback is best price around for prescription, think that was other compounding pharmacies that cost $180+. I thought I read Diamondback had a minimum charge of $35 for up to 30g and then small amount per gram over that and that is why I went with 30. Or maybe that was the most I could convince the vet to write it for, which was better than the "I don't treat fish" answer he gave me at first.

And how many grams would it take to treat a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon?
Not much, I used 1.62g for 27 gallons in a 29 gallon tank @60mg/gallon. If there wasn't active ich I would have used 40mg so that would have been 1.08g. So that 30g should last me awhile.

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting some CP to have on-hand. Got a velvet breakout last week and went copper route because I can't get CP fast enough.

Which would you rather get between the two: eBay CP (suppose to be sourced from Fishman Chemical) or New Life Spectrum Ick Shield powder.

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to throw this out here. I have not had any luck with vets listed on the aquatic vet website in my area. Is there anyway we can reach out to a vet that is on reef2reef? Perhaps even get a group buy?

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to throw this out here. I have not had any luck with vets listed on the aquatic vet website in my area. Is there anyway we can reach out to a vet that is on reef2reef? Perhaps even get a group buy?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would participate in that, as long is it's quality CP. I have no other pets so the vets in my area are not very welcoming to writing me a scrip!

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would participate in that, as long is it's quality CP. I have no other pets so the vets in my area are not very welcoming to writing me a scrip!

They probably think you're going to make some meth or other drug lol.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too with the group buy. I wonder if anyone who's gotten a prescription from their vet without too much difficulty could give us their vet's contact information?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand, write scripts for a vet is similar to a regular people doctor. They have to be able to account for those scripts they write. Writing scripts for people online without having a patient to refer back to could get them into a lot of legal trouble and risk their licence. A group buy, while a nice idea, wouldn't be something that is possible. No vet is going to risk their lively hood for something like this.

The only CP that I know is going to be pharmaceutical grade will come from a pharmacy. This is why it requires a prescription. The online pharmacy diamondback.com has it and fills it for a reasonable price. Anything else, will need verification of purity to be sure of what you are getting.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did find one place near me that said if I brought the fish in they could probably get me something. But it's across town and I'm looking to get cp to treat my fish to prevent ich and don't have any fish that currently have ich. So I don't want to have to make an appointment to bring healthy fish in to explain the situation only to have them say something like "oh just use copper". Hmm..

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back