Just a clown and his anemone and yes it is actually that blue green color
image.jpeg

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! That nem won't keep that color though, it's pretty bleached out right now. Looks like it will be a nice green bubble tip though.

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure it's actually bleached, I've had the anemone for about a year and a half and it has not changed color much

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate Alage!
It's horable. I came home today after work and looked into my aquarium and did not see my small anemone where it has been for the past couple of weeks. I thought ok something is wrong with the aquarium, finally found the anemone he just moved to the back side of the rock. But their is alage covering the glass, the rocks the power heads. It's not like red slime or green hair it's just brown you know the kind that you can wipe away with a toothbrush. No big deal but it comes back so fast. I have a skimmer on the aquarium I added some chato to the back of the aquarium and I kinda want to set it up as a refugium or a place to hold mean fish. But that's besides the point. I don't run carbon and I don't run any GFO or add supplements. I know the sand is probably going through a cycle because it was the only new thing added.

How do I get rid of the alage fast, simple and should I be running carbon I know some people do some don't, I've never had so much alage like this.

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish stock list ideas and thoughts
Currently have
2 clowns, 1 chevron tang, 1 yellow tang, 1 fire fish goby

Want to get
1 blue spot jaw fish, bellus angel pair, 3-5 blue chroms, pair of panda bear gobys, 1 purple fire fish goby. 2 cleaner shrimp.

I'm not sure if that would be too many fish, I tend to over feed the tank and skim very heavy as well.
If I can add more I might add a mandrian goby pair as well or pipe fish.

OP
OP
Monster reefer

Monster reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the sump and tank.
So besides ordering new rodi filters that should be here soon, I added some cinderblocks Under my 100 gallon holding tank to make adding water to my water bucket a lot faster.
I need to redo my return pump area of my tank. It make so much noise and does not have a lot of flow. Witch sucks I've had to add another power for now, but will probably remove it once I fix the sump pump.
image.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back