Clarkii video, why are they fighting?

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

I did a video on my digi cam, and its not that great but it shows a great example of my Clarkii's defending thier territory.

The problem i am having is when i put this LTA 2 days ago one of the clowns jumped into it and other did not for one reason...the other one wont let him come near it. They were getting along fine before the anenome came in to the picture. None of the fighting is bad but i just wanted to know if its going to take time for these guys to et along in the same anenome.

Heres the vid:

Thanks For Watching

Steve :)

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this one killed its mate after 2 years. does this clown look like yours
Francesblowinginthewaves.jpg
steve

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup its exactly like mine. Mine are very young right now so i dont there will be a prob, but just wondered.

How old were they when the one killed the other?

Steve

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they were about 2 1/2. I've tried 3 atemps with others after and it want except none of them. I took her out put in QT for 4 days , then added one right after taking her out. and she still killed it. so she's a loner now. and loves it i Quess, seems happy. I dunno

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, i added mine at the same time. I had one in my 5.5g and then bought the other and dumped them in. They were getting along and were showing signs of pairing(one was shaking to show that he was submissive). But since i added that anen....i dunno either

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i just did sort of an experiment. :) What i did was i made the other non hosting clarkii(most likely to be the male) go over to the anenome. He immediatly went inside of it and both of them were in there. Then i took the other Clarkii(agreessor) out of the anen and put him over to the other side of the tank. With both being on opposite sides, i thought great.

The aggreessor Clarkii(most likely the female to be) went over to the anenome and chased at the male. The male stayed around and they sort of did a ritual. The female kept on puffing her lips an the male kept on shaking.(kinda like with humans) :) I have read and seen that male clowns do shake vigorously to show that they are submissive towards the female. They kept doing this for 2 min. until verything was back to the way it started, though, not as territorial. I am assuming that they are just working things out. They are young have yet to change sexes (im assuming). But it looks as if it is becoming apparent.

Thanks for reading my thoughts and experiment with my clowns > :)
Steve

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Steve, I hope it works out ok. Keep them well fed, maybe it will help??? Wish I could say something really smart, but I have never found a way to ensure mating... Heck, my marriage is hard enough without encouraging FISH!!

lol
Laurie

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Steve, I hope it works out ok. Keep them well fed, maybe it will help??? Wish I could say something really smart, but I have never found a way to ensure mating... Heck, my marriage is hard enough without encouraging FISH!!

lol
Laurie

LOL. :D I am feedin them abnormally heavy just so they grow and mature.

Cant help you there....lol

Steve

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so the lights go out on the tank. The male jumps in the anen and the female nips at him but he wont budge. They we actually "lip" locked for a bit but then got over it. No they are sleeping together in thier anenome. I just dont get it... LOL

OP
OP
fishes2889

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it ever gets to bad, and they wont get along in the same tank i will remove one.....plus i dont have space for another anenome. Ive got a condy too.

For right now they are young so i figure they can work it out now.....:)

Steve

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so the lights go out on the tank. The male jumps in the anen and the female nips at him but he wont budge. They we actually "lip" locked for a bit but then got over it. No they are sleeping together in thier anenome. I just dont get it... LOL

Maybe he was stealing the covers!!
LOL
Laurie

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back