Clean Up Crew Heavy

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon tank that has 2 Turbo Snails, 3 scarlett Hermit crabs, 2 emerald crabs, 4 nassarius snails, and 2 Cleaner shrimp.

Just this little cleanup crew takes care of the algae in my tank leaving just enough so they always have a food source.

I see alot of people adding clean-up crews of 50 plus. Was wondering how others do it. Do you heavily stock a cleanup crew or get just enough to maintain a reef with little algae.

Believe it or not my Cleaner Shrimp and 2 Turbos are the biggest part of my crew. Shrimp work every inch of the tank at night.

Tank is 7 months old.

OP
OP
fernalfer

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must not feed a lot. Some people tend to feed a lot, so more CUC is neccessary
Not too much. Flake in the morning and frozen mysis and brine shrimp in evening. Once a week I give rods foods frozen mixture and once a week I spot feed corals with reef roids.

Simon Fraser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to hear people's cleanup crew metrics as well, we recently started our first marine tank and are trying to decide on cleanup crew size.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 gallon tank

2 Chestnut Turbos Snails
2 Zebra Turbos Snails
1 Tiger Tail Cucumber, split in 2 after crash
3 Nassarius Snails
1 Emerald Crab, need to add another to keep up with bubble algae
2 Trocus Snails
1 Blood Shrimp
1 Red Leg Hermit

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a large Zebra Turbo snail and a few Margarita snails in my 20 gallon tank. Between the Mag-Float and this crew the tank is pretty spotless. I used to have a Scarlet Hermit crab in there too, but it's been MIA for a long time now. There's just no need for anything else right now.

Back