Cleaning crew for Predator tank

dghby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i am looking for ideas on a cleaning crew for my setup.
165 gl with 55gl sump. Currently with a gold head goby for sandsifting. Also has a group of lyretail anthias, 1 male/4 females. Along with a Moroon yellow stripe clownfish, flame hawkfish and a horserace blenny.
Next to be added will be a foxface Lo, a blue spotted puffer, Kole yellow eye tang, sailfin tang and a lavender tang.
After that a flame and a bicolor dwarf angel along with 3 wrasses from the halichoeres species.
and finally joining the tank at the end will be a dogface puffer and Niger trigger.

What is best for a clean up crew for these tankmates. I know it gets limited with the wrasses, puffers and trigger.
Thanks for your help

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a sifter and tangs. Those will cover a lot of your clean up needs.

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some fish in there that will put out a lot of waste and thats a lot of fish even for a 165 so i'd probably put a decent cuc in your sump also. i have a few dozen hermits and tons of snails and a few emerald crabs in mine and they do a great job.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some fish in there that will put out a lot of waste and thats a lot of fish even for a 165 so i'd probably put a decent cuc in your sump also. i have a few dozen hermits and tons of snails and a few emerald crabs in mine and they do a great job.
Cuc's produce waste too. So rather than adding cuc to the sump, utilizing proper mechanical filtration, such filter socks, sponges, skimmer, and possibly reactors.

Also, I would be wary of cuc getting sucked up or otherwise inhibiting the effectiveness of pumps or other equipment.

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuc's produce waste too. So rather than adding cuc to the sump, utilizing proper mechanical filtration, such filter socks, sponges, skimmer, and possibly reactors.

Also, I would be wary of cuc getting sucked up or otherwise inhibiting the effectiveness of pumps or other equipment.
I have strainers blocking all intakes, but my main reason for that is the last time i put a fish in my sump it became sushi

OP
OP
dghby

dghby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I feel pretty good about the sump. Heavy duty skimmer along with matrix in next chamber and a large floss pad beyond that before the return. With a Niger trigger going in I probably need to stay away from the urchin. I am gonna get some turbo snails, zebra and chestnuts. Maybe some blue leg hermits

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back