Close call

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night i saw some water just a bit behind my tank. Now i've just restarted the system and though of the worse.

The small amount was directly close to the wall. Looking at all the dust on the pipe no indication of dripping that i could see. My RODI tube goes through there and sometime condensation happens. I had also worked in the sump with the skimmer and heaters wires.

i could only hope that it was a splash from that working that the puddle had originated from. I wiped it out with a towel and a broom and place a new dry towel that i would check in the morning to see if a drip could be identified.

No kidding i did pray that night, because emptying a 150 G tank plus moving the 400 lb empty or so called empty, all my rocks and sand was a terrifying prospect; one that almost brought me to tears.... So ya i prayed it was just a splash.

come morning; 4 am to be exact, i went to remove the towel..............................................................................................dry

I thanked the Lord for this turn out of events because i think just the sheer amount of work involve in repairing this was enough to make me quit.

So what's your close call..........................................

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never in 45 years I had one but great topic.

Oh I got a few but not reef related that my parachute wouldn't open on my second solo 27 years ago in Austria, had to use my emergency chute and yet broke a ankle like in 5 places.

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rode bulls for 13 years...enough said lol.
IMG_20170213_193202.jpg

Sagecritter4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could add since a salt newbie trying to fill the tank initially...hose flipped out...lots wet carpet about time I run in splashed hit an outlet....GFI tripped and everything went dark lol...but sure glad it tripped with me barefooted on wet carpet ;-)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back