Cloudy water

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No biggie my friend.
It's all second grade stuff........... connecting the dots till you see the picture, nothing more or nothing less ;)
Agreed. When you get enough info to begin, between all our experiences we can connect the dots on the areas we know and learn from others as they connect the dots as they see them in their strong areas. In that regard we grow with in our own reef care and able to build knowledge and wisdom to help others at the same time.

This has been a "team" effort from day one to this point and hopefully it will stays that way until all of @domination2580 concerns are resolved. It takes a big person to ask for "honest help" and follow through with the advise given to see his results getting better one day at a time and step by step.

I would like to continue to tag along and try to improve too. Keeping an open mind to learn more in my lesser experienced skill sets.

justjimarri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter floss

20170120_214043.jpg

OP
OP
domination2580

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my tank parameters for the 55 is 10.9 alk, 1480 mag, and 430 cal. The wrasse and gramma are doing marvelous....both eating, both swimming more...and both are looking very healthy!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my tank parameters for the 55 is 10.9 alk, 1480 mag, and 430 cal. The wrasse and gramma are doing marvelous....both eating, both swimming more...and both are looking very healthy!
:) For your new fish

OP
OP
domination2580

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) For your new fish
Thank you! Still not over though....qt still has a 30 day for observation....might treat with copper...or prazi pro to be safe but going to wait till I get the lightning Maroons in. I have a small 8 gallon cube that I'm going to incorporate into the qt so I have two tanks for qt for instances where I have two conflicting fish...

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE="I have a small 8 gallon cube that I'm going to incorporate into the qt so I have two tanks for qt for instances where I have two conflicting fish...[/QUOTE]

LOL,

That's brilliant!!!!!!!!! (Out of the Box Thinking) :D or (In the box...) lol

Gotta love it :)

OP
OP
domination2580

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE="I have a small 8 gallon cube that I'm going to incorporate into the qt so I have two tanks for qt for instances where I have two conflicting fish...

LOL,

[/QUOTE]
I agree! I surprise myself with ideas all the time....the cube is going to use like a siphon concept...where it takes water out of the qt and a small pump will pump it back in. Still working on the specifics though...as in like a fail safe....incase the pump goes bad or vise versa

OP
OP
domination2580

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL,

I agree! I surprise myself with ideas all the time....the cube is going to use like a siphon concept...where it takes water out of the qt and a small pump will pump it back in. Still working on the specifics though...as in like a fail safe....incase the pump goes bad or vise versa[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking mauve if I take a piece of flex tubing and go into the tank and curl around back to the top just under the surface it will be the fall safe and the siphon. Just have to figure out the gph through the tube to match it with a right size pump.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the plan didn't pan out...couldn't get flow down evenly on both the hoses so I just set up my small cube tank...
I guess the gramma and wrasse are still good?

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to Walt Smith and his wife, ok mostly his wifeo_O, and its pretty amazing the what and how they have made the dramatic changes in Fiji and surrounding Islands. You probably read the stuff where he came under fire for selling the rock and he had to illustrate to the world that where he lives the make walls and foundations from the old dry coral. Hes still allowed to harvest X amount of live rock, but that's now at a premium, but that premium does contribute to the protection of the islands. He has a really good video of the talk in San Diego's Macna this year.
I do have the dream tank of getting some and just dropping it right in a tank one day. But I like hitchhikers so...
I do think the kids,newer reefers, (I should actually be among them) nowadays dont always know how to deal with truly live rock, and opt for sterile, mainly based on the hand cleaner craze we have been sold on..And theres so few internet guides on how to deal with truly live rock.

I am however, not allowed to go to Fiji now. For some reason my wife says I cant.:oops:
I have almost 300 lbs of fiji live rock I've had for almost 20 years and has never been dry and still loaded with critters. I spent thousands on this rock and don't regret it one bit

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have almost 300 lbs of fiji live rock I've had for almost 20 years and has never been dry and still loaded with critters. I spent thousands on this rock and don't regret it one bit
Sigh......Pretty jealous...

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How mush for 200lbs of it? :)

OP
OP
domination2580

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is doing great! Wrasse and gramma doing great....out swimming....eating....got my Lightning Maroons in yesterday so they are new but last night they were active more...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back