Club Zoa Spotlight! Adonis!

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite zoa, josh!

here's a pic i took of one the night they landed in the united states, march 29th of this year:

adonis.jpg

they seem to be a hardy polyp and grow quickly from what i have seen - good news for such a lovely coral.

cheers!
ben

softy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are purdy!!! that is a must have for the collection!

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite zoa, josh!

here's a pic i took of one the night they landed in the united states, march 29th of this year:

adonis.jpg

they seem to be a hardy polyp and grow quickly from what i have seen - good news for such a lovely coral.

cheers!
ben
Nicest phot of Adonis I've seen. That's why I used it on my RH magazine article

RH mag zoa article only_Page_05 by joshporksandwich, on Flickr

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks jps!

what i think i like best about that photo is that it shows how they grow in the wild. you can see they are growing on dead seriatopora (birdsnest coral). the polyps are sparse, usually only one or two growing together, and mixed with a variety of other polyps in the bunch. these don't grow in thick mats on rocks in the wild like you see with a lot of other z's/p's. and being that they grow on dead birdsnest, it is indicative of the environment they most likely prefer - high light/high current, such as a reef crest zone.

ygon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks jps!

what i think i like best about that photo is that it shows how they grow in the wild. you can see they are growing on dead seriatopora (birdsnest coral). the polyps are sparse, usually only one or two growing together, and mixed with a variety of other polyps in the bunch. these don't grow in thick mats on rocks in the wild like you see with a lot of other z's/p's. and being that they grow on dead birdsnest, it is indicative of the environment they most likely prefer - high light/high current, such as a reef crest zone.

Great info, time to move mine up in the tank.

jmreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone who owns one had issues with them? I recently picked one up and he was open first couple of days then closed up. Hes been closed up for days now.

Fragzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone who owns one had issues with them? I recently picked one up and he was open first couple of days then closed up. Hes been closed up for days now.

Usually means too much light.

Have you started low and moved up?

Back