Cockatoo died **GRAPHIC**

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One minute she was fine and I was thawing out food for the fish. The next minute this....

Looks like they hemmoraged.

full.jpg

1200.jpg

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was going to see a dead bird! I've never heard of this kind of fish before much less seen one. It does look like he bled out into that area. I'm just wondering what caused it. No lethargy or lack of appetite at all?

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ugly he's cool. did he swallow something he shouldn't of

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he a type of waspfish? my buddy had a ban tail years ago until he got stung and had to go to the hospital from a bad reaction. his was bright red

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So very sorry for your loss of this weirdly charming fish!

Are those ovaries loaded with eggs that we're looking at? Wonder if she was eggbound, perhaps? I know that at our Public Aquarium, they place dead coral skeletons into tanks with sea ravens, as if the sea ravens don't have an appropriate place to lay, things can go ... badly.

~Bruce

Jonath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never seen this fish. Sorry for your lost. Do you have any video of him or her

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was going to see a dead bird! I've never heard of this kind of fish before much less seen one. It does look like he bled out into that area. I'm just wondering what caused it. No lethargy or lack of appetite at all?

He was perfect yesterday. I looked for external indications that he had been stung accidentally by the lion, but I couldn't find any damage. The lion's spine wasn't unsheathed, so I think that's out.

What a bummer, how long did you have him. Thank you for sharing.

A year now.

Ao sorry Renee. That fish must have been very hard to optain. I see you are still at it with the unusual ;)

You know me!!! Yes, he's definitely hard to come by.

Dang, sorry Renee.
That's a wildly cool fish too.

Thanks. It tis a bummer indeed

So ugly he's cool. did he swallow something he shouldn't of

Nothing foreign was found when I hacked into him.

Is he a type of waspfish? my buddy had a ban tail years ago until he got stung and had to go to the hospital from a bad reaction. his was bright red

Yes, he's a waspfish and they have nasty stings indeed. Their venom is more potent than a lion.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So very sorry for your loss of this weirdly charming fish!

Are those ovaries loaded with eggs that we're looking at? Wonder if she was eggbound, perhaps? I know that at our Public Aquarium, they place dead coral skeletons into tanks with sea ravens, as if the sea ravens don't have an appropriate place to lay, things can go ... badly.

~Bruce

At first I was like "What the heck is THAT?". I thought it was a male because this one was a bit of a butt when compared to my last. That's what I get for practicing anthropomorphism.... "anti-male" anthropomorphism at that. LOL! I slapped some tissue under a microscope and they do indeed look like eggs. One gonad pathology found in fish is haemorrhage and it's a highly vascularized area with big ole vessels. There was zero blood anywhere else. It was fresh blood and not leaky old blood and no infection could be seen.

I never seen this fish. Sorry for your lost. Do you have any video of him or her

This is her asking for food.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he's a waspfish and they have nasty stings indeed. Their venom is more potent than a lion.
That's just awesome right there.
LOL! I slapped some tissue under a microscope and they do indeed look like eggs. One gonad pathology found in fish is haemorrhage and it's a highly vascularized area with big ole vessels. There was zero blood anywhere else. It was fresh blood and not leaky old blood and no infection could be seen.
It mis carried?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow really neat fish, sorry for your loss!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss:( I also immediately thought eggs when seeing the pic. RIP pretty girl!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back