OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a little one, however my boss decided to move his home tank to work so I could help with it. So I have everything out of his 110 in my basement 90 for the transfer. After he gets his stuff out I'll get my 2 sorted. Unfortunately it's going to be a job getting that eel out of my upstairs tank. I'm preparing to remove everything in there in order to get it out, again using that 90 to hold stuff temporarily. I'm also a bit excited as I've decided to finish off my basement and build it into the wall. One side the family room, and the other side a bedroom

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool
when your ready for one let me know and i can get one for you $60.00 shipped.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darryl, not to be rude but in no way should a clown trigger be in a 40b. We have a responsibility as aquarist to give the animals we take care of the best home possible. We take plenty enough heat as a hobby already. Please take note. Thanks

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the clown trigger is in a 40 breader as QT will be put in 125 in 21 days .
Thanks for the concern

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet, just didn't look like a qt is why I posted that.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet, just didn't look like a qt is why I posted that.
I've been doing clown triggers for 25+ years and what i do is put them in QT like everybody for the normal time and then move them to a 40B QT designed for behavior watching and conditioning with inverts and choral and fish for 30 days and if they pass they go in to 1 of 3 large established reefs or they go into the aggressive tank
i also work with them like this for other fellow fish keepers
i have pics of my 12+" clowns in a 300 and 500 fully stocked lps leather etc (no sps) i had them for 12 years then one passed and soon after the other did, i think of a brocken heart they were buds

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown trigger is my favorite fish. IMO Never ever Feed it live food. It will get real mean. No shrimp, crabs or clams. Better to leave coral out. Add this fish last will be safer.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your building a predictor tank and they both should be fine
In a reef tank usually A trigger or A puffer but not usually both only because the puffer likes to munch on hard coral to file there teeth
I have had tanks with both in and have had little to no problems especially if there both small when added to tank and at the same time

OP
OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he's fairly small size wise but you can tell he has eaten well. It's the smallest thing in the tank and it's scared of me a bit but not the other fish. Seems very independent. I'm just watching it to see if it tears up corals. Or my sand sifting star. My valentini puffer is very well behaved and everyone up until now gets along awesome. Hopefully it follows suit. Not sure if it's male or female

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he's fairly small size wise but you can tell he has eaten well. It's the smallest thing in the tank and it's scared of me a bit but not the other fish. Seems very independent. I'm just watching it to see if it tears up corals. Or my sand sifting star. My valentini puffer is very well behaved and everyone up until now gets along awesome. Hopefully it follows suit. Not sure if it's male or female
Never feed Live food ever. This Fish will become much more aggressive than normal. Pellets and cleaned shrimp from grocery store.

tanksoftwiddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, just keep him fat and happy. I have both a Clown and Niger trigger and feed a homemade frozen mix of mysis, worms etc, but also feed pieces of shrimp from the store. Together, they'll easily eat a whole shrimp.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back