OP
OP
Redlegmedic

Redlegmedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I only run a canister filter with some carbon and a couple layers of floss for my 30g. What I want to do is upgrade my lighting and add an ATO system. All of this is for the purpose of adding more coral. I have settled on the MarsAqua 165w for lighting but haven't really picked out an ATO. I like the AutoAqua Smart Ato line of products. Also, I just saw that they are developing an Auto Water Changer that has ATO functionality. Has anyone else seen this product?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Beautiful tank thanks for sharing!

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I only run a canister filter with some carbon and a couple layers of floss for my 30g. What I want to do is upgrade my lighting and add an ATO system. All of this is for the purpose of adding more coral. I have settled on the MarsAqua 165w for lighting but haven't really picked out an ATO. I like the AutoAqua Smart Ato line of products. Also, I just saw that they are developing an Auto Water Changer that has ATO functionality. Has anyone else seen this product?
I use the Smart ATO and really like it. I use a 5g jug to store my AT water and the pump fits inside perfectly. I also use it to do water changes since my tank is upstairs and my RO/DI system is in the garage. I fill 2 5g jugs with new saltwater and use the ATO to refill the sump. Works great.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the promo for the water changer and also the the return pump safety switch. Both look interesting but I haven't seen them for sale yet

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Great to have you and your nano looks great!

OP
OP
Redlegmedic

Redlegmedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the promo for the water changer and also the the return pump safety switch. Both look interesting but I haven't seen them for sale yet
Same here... Im keeping a lookout for them though.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the forum, I used to be a member of a biorb forum but for some reason I can log in but can't retrieve my posts,I've got a 30l biorb which has been up and running for three years, had a few problems at first e.g a lot of fish deaths due to a none cycled tank. But recently I have lost 2 more cherry barbs to what looks like bloat, I've also noticed white poop which isn't normal so I've treated the orb for parasites, but the remainder 5 cherry barbs are starting to get sick I think, they are on the bottom a lot!!!!! Just wandering if anyone can give me some advice please.
Hi Deborah you might try starting your own thread about this. This is a saltwater forum but @Humblefish may be able to offer some advice

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You'll like it here, allot of helpful folks!

welcom.jpg

OP
OP
Redlegmedic

Redlegmedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for the purpose of updating those people who showed interest when I first joined this forum, I wanted to make this post. I recently overhauled my tank. I removed the black gravel I started my tank with and replaced it with Caribsea's fine-grain live sand. I finally epoxied all the live rock together. I've added a Reef Octopus BH1000 skimmer. And lastly, I installed the MarsAqua 165w hanging over the tank. I'll try to post some pictures too.

Back