Copper banded Butterfly fish w white spot

bradejoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help. Noticed a singular white plaque-like lesion on my copperbanded butterflyfish today. It is on his right pectoral fin. Have had him about one month. Has been eating great, active. No other signs of illness with him. No other signs of disease in the tank other than having lost my banded coral shrimp last week (he was over 3 years old).

I know the pictures are a little difficult to see, but you can see the 2-3mm white spot over one of his yellow stripes when he is in profile and against the background in the other picture. I can try and get better pictures if any one thinks it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_5953.JPG
IMG_5956.JPG

OP
OP
bradejoe

bradejoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing he/she is eating for sure is mysis shrimp...seems to be leaving everything else alone. Keep going with that? Or do you have any other ideas?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing he/she is eating for sure is mysis shrimp...seems to be leaving everything else alone. Keep going with that? Or do you have any other ideas?
Live blackworms are like crack to these guys!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Blackworms like 4ford said are a good option. You can also add vitamins to the mysis but using products like Secon, Vitachem ect to soak the food in before feeding. Oh and I agree with Lymph

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back