copper banded butterfly fish

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i went to a grand re-opening of an animart and got this 5 1/2 inch copper banded butterfly fish for 54 dollars i think i made a huge score what do you all think. here is a pic
DSC_0003-4.jpg

OP
OP
W

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i seen him and have seen these sell this big for around 150 bucks so i snagged him asap

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with his cousin, hope you dont mind if I post a pic.

PICT0051.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, Ive always wanted to try a copperband with him but Im too chicken. Im not thinking it would work out to well.

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Both of those look great! I love butterflies but they will have to wait for a fish only for me. :)

Jam-reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a copper band butterfly three days ago and days two and three he will not eat anymore, Tried Mysis, Calanus, Cyclops, LRS, sinking pellet, flake!?
Any suggestions on their favorite food. Before this guy starves himself?

badstorm48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't get black worms right away try blood worms. Little feather dusters will also work temporarily. They love worms. They can be very difficult to get on other foods and most times will die from malnutrition. I had a copperband that ate for 4 months but all he would get is the blood worm anyway he ended up dying from I think ultimately malnutrition because he would eat nothing else but that and the worms aren't a significant source of nutrition for them to live a long life off of.

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just purchased one and if your having a hard time feeding @Jam-reef try buying live clams and freezing them. Thaw and place the half of the shell the clam is stuck to on the bottom of the tank or rock. I've had mine for 4 days and that was the first time I saw him nibble at anything. I feed frozen mysis and a blend of fresh frozen squid, scallop, and shrimp.

Jam-reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started the clam on the half shell yesterday and he has been nibbling at it successfully. Just hope there is enough nutritional value in them unlike the blood worms mentioned above:-/

Jam-reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sad to say this little Copper Band lasted two weeks. Each day I added a live clam or mussels witch he picked at. Unfortunately he didn't eat well enough. First fish loss in a long time

IMG_4704.JPG

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear man... I believe mines taking a Similar path. Hopefully I can get him hooked on black worms this weekend if it's not too late

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear man... I believe mines taking a Similar path. Hopefully I can get him hooked on black worms this weekend if it's not too late
If they don't eat for a full week it's too late for blackworms most of the time unfortunately :(

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back