Copperband Butterfly

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an interesting thread with some really good info. I recently got a CBB to add to my 240 gallon SPS tank. Many of the same things as mentioned previously regarding Mr CBB. On day one, fed black worms as well, and was happy to see him eating. Day 2, frozen mysis and again success. The only issue I have is my tank is pretty well established fish wise and they are all very aggressive eaters. Mr CBB gets food, but minimally. I find myself overfeeding to make sure he gets food.
I am not sure where the thread is, or how to find it for that matter, but someone here came up with an ingenious feeder for any/all long nosed Butterflies. Basically a short length of PVC with many holes drilled into it capped on both ends. Put whatever food in, cap, and show the CBB. With his long nose, only he can get to the food inside. I'll!see if I can find a picture and post it.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maxresdefault.jpg

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an interesting thread with some really good info. I recently got a CBB to add to my 240 gallon SPS tank. Many of the same things as mentioned previously regarding Mr CBB. On day one, fed black worms as well, and was happy to see him eating. Day 2, frozen mysis and again success. The only issue I have is my tank is pretty well established fish wise and they are all very aggressive eaters. Mr CBB gets food, but minimally. I find myself overfeeding to make sure he gets food.
I am not sure where the thread is, or how to find it for that matter, but someone here came up with an ingenious feeder for any/all long nosed Butterflies. Basically a short length of PVC with many holes drilled into it capped on both ends. Put whatever food in, cap, and show the CBB. With his long nose, only he can get to the food inside. I'll!see if I can find a picture and post it.

I saw a video of this in YouTube, I plan on trying it soon!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider trying some oyster shoved into a crevice in the rock or mysis. That's how They are used to feeding on bugs and such in rock. They can learn to feed from the water column later.

Back