copperband

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haven't done it yet, so please don't start yelling...:)

thinking of adding a copperband butterfly in my 24AP for...obviously, aiptasia control. i only have a b/w clown atm, pretty low bioload. heavy skimming w/ the aqua c remora mj1200.

most of the aiptasia died out along with the tank crash...but starting to make a come back here and there. i know... they might, might not eat aiptasia...but my lfs has been getting in these insanely cute baby copperbands...:) figured i could keep one untill it grows out, then maybe i could donate to another reefer with aiptasia problem?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would try to get some peppermint shrimp first, they will eat aptasia also.

IME just b/c a LFS is getting in copperbands, doesn't mean they'll survive. getting one to eat frozen foods is very VERY difficult.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had pretty bad experience with peppermints...i know, controversial topic, but imo, depending on the batch, some eats polyps, some don't.

not necesarilly getting a copperband just b/c my lfs is getting'em in, but because it's really hard to find small copperbands around my area...and wouldn't it be easier to train'em to eat frozen when they are little?

btw...al, did you ever get my last PM? havent heard from u about the 'pack' since few days back. just wondering...

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think copperbands are hard to train to feed, regardless of size...

for a 24g tank, i dont think it would be too hard to just joes juice all of those suckers? or get the "elemi-aptasia" stuff.

yeah, i got your PM...but was waiting on the other guy who still hasnt gotten back to me. haven't had a chance to frag the froggy yet, but the blue milli frag is yours (the encrusted one).

JediReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 24g is way too small for a CB no matter how small. Not just because they grow large, they need lots of swimming area. Not enough swimming area will lead to a very unhealthy fish, as with tangs.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got it....no cb. sorry for the newbie topic guys .. ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back