Coral beauty help!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I left for work this morning he was fine looked slim and healthy when I got home he looked like this I'm really sad right now

If it happened that quickly, I'm inclined to believe that fluid is rapidly building up inside his body. In FW fish we call this dropsy. Dropsy is more a condition than an actual disease; it can indicate a bacterial infection, intestinal parasite or liver dysfunction.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is the case is it something I can treat or since this came on so quick am I going to loose him?

You're probably gonna lose him. :( Without a QT and being he's not eating, you don't have many options except to keep him comfortable until he passes.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry sweetie. It happens sometimes. We can't always be prepared for everything. :(

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank everyone for the quick responses and the insight I really appreciate it. I have some shopping to do to be better prepared. Hopefully he takes a monster poop tonight and everything will be good. It's wishful thinking but I'm not ready to let him go yet.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank everyone for the quick responses and the insight I really appreciate it. I have some shopping to do to be better prepared. Hopefully he takes a monster poop tonight and everything will be good. It's wishful thinking but I'm not ready to let him go yet.

It's a longshot, but you could try dosing Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons) to relax his bowels.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ok now it's time to do some maintenance get some stuff together and hope it didn't affect the other fish. Time to do some research to figure out what to replace him with.

Jim (Tiny)

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is most likely not eating right. I know it will sound funny but is he pooping? If he makes it try putting some kind of algae like seaweed or pellets. No shrimp or sand fleas.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. We all make mistakes, we just have to learn from them! :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back