Coralife 65 producing large bubbles from output

Deathstrudel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I have a 36 gal bowfront with 50 lbs live rock, polyp and lps corals, a gobie and a blenny, and an appropriate sized cleanup crew. My levels are 9.0 dkh, .02 nitrate, .04 phosphate, and a ph of 8.5. My tank has been up and healthy for about eight months, and Ive been using a coralife 65 skimmer since the beginning. Its worked great up until about a week ago. Now ive got large bubbles coming from the return, with loud annoying noises with it. I have had to add some extra seaweed for the starving emerald crabs, but not much, and other than that there have been no changes to my setup.

So... how can i stop this annoying development? The bubble trap hasnt changed placement or composition either, and since i have no sump, i have to use it as a HOB. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back