Corals that you regret buying?

Michael Cooper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuma ricordeas. Dropped about $100 on a BEAUTIFUL colony that cost originally $350 (picked up during a super sale, so my loss wasn't as bad). They were just stunning in color, doing perfect for a few weeks, and melted out of nowhere one day. I'm staying away from Yumas for a while...

technojunky101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep blue and purple cloves polys grow so fast spend more time weeding my tank then cleaning it oh green star basically everything from my first tank still have lol

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthelia P1000272.JPG

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The leather coral in my video. It was $60 and my crabs basically walked all over it piece by piece the thing kept breaking until nothing was left. I used so much super glue to keep it up (I eventually put it in a different area).

I shouldve just smashed the two crabs but it was too late.

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I don't have corals yet (still cycling my first reef tank) but I'm already changing my original stocking plan for corals. Seems like a lot of the corals listed as 'great for beginners' turn into spreading terrors. Thanks to all for posting here!

MaiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kenya tree does get annoying sometimes on how it spreads, but I still like how they look. I think my red mushrooms are the most annoying, yet still not regretting them. They multiple, release, reattach then shade other coral.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I don't have corals yet (still cycling my first reef tank) but I'm already changing my original stocking plan for corals. Seems like a lot of the corals listed as 'great for beginners' turn into spreading terrors. Thanks to all for posting here!
100% agree.
The worst thing I had was a $60 green bali slimer. I was so inexperienced and wanted to try SPS ....LOL it died within a few days.
As far as zenia/clove polyps/nuclear palys/etc, I read about all of that on here so I never ended up with them :) wooo R2R community!

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave that Engineer alone. He digs a bunch, but he is not a coral :)

Lol. You know what I meant. He is a good fish. But he did jump out one time and was out of the water for a long time. Was stuff and dry. I put him in a cup of water for the fun of it and he came back to life. No idea what made me do that. But he was out of the water for at lest several hours.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is not an annoying one but I regret trying a few of these and all ended up dying. Goniopora .For me impossible to keep.

Markyboy98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PA191456.JPG
I regret putting these mushrooms into my tank. They were my first corals and I thought it was cool when they started reproducing. Now they will not go away. I even broke down my tank and scrubbed every one I could find off of my rocks and somehow a few survived and now they are back.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back