Corals that you regret buying?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favia. I had a 5~6" favia that had sweepers that were 4~5" long. Wiped out a few corals before I found it a new home!

Lowstorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms. I found out the hard way I'm allergic to thier slime. Well, never having them anymore but still.

pscheel2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the corals in this tank minus the open brain lol

Full1.JPG

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say Kenya trees... I got two mid size trees and my whole take ended up full of them!
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

It got much worse than the pictures but I got rid of that setup a long time ago.

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuma ricordeas. Dropped about $100 on a BEAUTIFUL colony that cost originally $350 (picked up during a super sale, so my loss wasn't as bad). They were just stunning in color, doing perfect for a few weeks, and melted out of nowhere one day. I'm staying away from Yumas for a while...
I bought one 2 years ago and the first 6 months to didn't do squat and now I have probably 30 of them

tech9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0427.JPG
this whatever the name is.
I thought these were called "nuclear holocaust" but now that I did an image search they are not. I have them confined to a rock, but they take over EVERYTHING :) Xenia, green poc, you all have already summed it up for me!

Valli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my nano, since space is such a premium I regret buying dull low-priced coral in the beginning. I never had corals and I wanted to make sure they would be ok before I shelled out serious money on expensive specimens. Now I have some pretty boring old specimens tucked in the back. No one wants them and I'm not throwing away a little creature. That's my only regret. Buying ugly stuff :)

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say something so I can find this thread later and read through it. I too have a tank cycling and will be putting a wish list together along with a "stay away" from list.

Shea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will not put most leathers, blue cloves any type of Xenia or Kenya tree or green pallys or what they call gold dust pallys in my system due to there rapid growth. They choke out anything they get close to. People say they are all great for beginners learning the tricks of the trade but I disagree. I disagree because they are all extremely hardy corals and can thrive in dirty or high nutrient water and when they try to get corals that like clean water well it's not good. But to each is own

Joseph Pagnotta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG
Well I know this thread is about a Coral that we regret, I regret getting a Sea Apple. The LFS said yes it's Reef Safe, but didn't elaborate to tell me if they are threatened or Stressed, that they will send out a toxin that would kill all Fish. Not kill coral all Fish. So I come home after work abe see all of my Fish either Floating or desperately trying to get oxygen. Horrible Day. The only Fish to make it through, and in my tank to this day is My Ocellaris Clown.

Kadee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say something so I can find this thread later and read through it. I too have a tank cycling and will be putting a wish list together along with a "stay away" from list.

Me too! Great info

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back