Could NO3PO4-X do this????

waxhawreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying this stuff on my new build, small diatom problem, nitrates around 25ppm, so I dumped the bottle into my dosing container last night and now look at it!! I guess it interacts with the acrylic?? What do you think?
IMG_0964.JPG

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Yeah don't put it in acrylic. I believe it tells you on the NOPOx bottle that it is methanol! Methanol will cause "crazing" on things like acrylic. Never seen it make it pop, but it's possible. It would have made your container white like the bottom in short order.

The great thing about the NOPOx lid is you can drill two holes in the top, just big enough for rigid airline tubing, make one go to the bottom and then take a second one about an inch long and bend the top over by heating the tube (but being careful to keep the air channel open). Then push that into the other hole. (Instant dosing container). Then when you need to swap bottles you just take the lid off the new one and screw it into the lid you modified hooked up to your doser.

I hope this helps. Sorry it cracked your dosing container.

Last edited:
OP
OP
waxhawreefer

waxhawreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx, I stuck the acrylic tubing out of the doser, hey I have a kamoer doser, I was looking for the one way check valves, can't find them anywhere except the U.K.!
IMG_0965.JPG

Back