Craziness

Company101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0076.JPG

Tell me how crazy I am.

4 chromis, 7 clowns, 1 rabbitfish, 6 tangs , 1 Talbot, 2 angels, 1 anthia, 4 wrasses , I think that is all.

I want 4 more female anthias. 1 male. Pair of blue throats. Pair of yellow pyramid butterfly's. Midas blennies ( again). Orange shoulder tang. And maybe a Achilles tang. Other random small fish.

I run a 100 gallon sump. And I am building a mixed reef tank.

I want a very well stocked tank.
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree depends on the size tank :p

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep a sharp eye on your levels ... especially nitrates & phosphates. It might be doable if your biofilter can grow along with you, but it looks as though some of your existing fish still have a bit of growing to do themselves? How are your powder blue and clown tangs for aggression with newcomers? Go slowly and carefully.

~Bruce

OP
OP
Company101

Company101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally before introduce new fish I feed very well. And only introduce new fish at night. Which has seemed to curb a lot of aggression. There is still some. But not extremely bad. Only really last a couple days. Then everyone gets along.

My bio load has been working great.

I am going to implement a dual chamber reactor with carbon and gfo to help in the beginning.

I use fern calerpa and I take out about a gallons worth every week. Stuff grows like mad. Which is good.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree that this is pushing the envelope...but maybe doable if you're confident in your level of expertise. I know some expert aquarists are able to pull this kind of thing off, but I'd think watching nutrient levels is going to be absolutely essential as well as intentional observation of your fish community. I'd suggest that if you do this, you definitely need to have a plan in case an emergency arises.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back