Current Marine Orbit IC LED

quicksil328

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the Current Marine Orbit IC lights. I was thinking I would put a t5 fixture over the new frag tank I am setting up but the LFS I use suggested this light. He uses all leds in his shop and has really nice livestock. I have purchased several items off of him over the past several months and he has always been great to deal with. I am primarily thinking about keeping zoos, softies, maybe some LPS. Nothing with very hi light requirements right away. My frag tank is a 36x24x12 deep blue with built in overflow. Any ideas?

Michael Llabona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orbit IC loop is fine for the softies and easy lps. You will probably need 2 to have full coverage front to back. IMO I was kinda let down by my orbit IC. Great control but seemed kinda weak. You will be much happier with diff LED like AI prime or kessil

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with the Current Marine Orbit IC lights. I was thinking I would put a t5 fixture over the new frag tank I am setting up but the LFS I use suggested this light. He uses all leds in his shop and has really nice livestock. I have purchased several items off of him over the past several months and he has always been great to deal with. I am primarily thinking about keeping zoos, softies, maybe some LPS. Nothing with very hi light requirements right away. My frag tank is a 36x24x12 deep blue with built in overflow. Any ideas?

PAR Data on the Orbit IC shows you'd be getting around 100-150 PAR on the floor of your tank, so that'll grow about anything short of clams. (place the lights on the tank instead of the arm mount for peak performance)

That same doc also says you'll get 24" of coverage from one IC, so I'd probably start there. You can always drop a second unit on there later if you decide you need more coverage.

:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
quicksil328

quicksil328

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USMC4Life , thanks for the suggestion. Have you used the SBreeflights before? I am not very familiar with leds.

mcarroll, thanks for the par data. Someone else recommended some of the Chinese made boxes. Are you familiar with any of those?

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USMC4Life , thanks for the suggestion. Have you used the SBreeflights before? I am not very familiar with leds.

mcarroll, thanks for the par data. Someone else recommended some of the Chinese made boxes. Are you familiar with any of those?

Hi, I did for a bit. Some one let me barrow it for 2 months and my corals went crazy with growth.

IMG_0225.JPG

I had the 32" wifi extreme.

Back