Current Orbit Marine LED 48"

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, hope all is well. Just got these LEDs. Amysuggestiins on how to aclamate an Anemones would be greatly appreciated. I am relatively new to reefimg, 2ND month with my salt water 60 gallons tank. It's 23" deep, which anemone would be best for thus LED and my 60 Gallon tank? How deep down can I place the anemone? Thanks in advance for checking thus out

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this light for about a year. I have mine set at 50% white, and 100% blue. My tank is 21 deep and my corals on the bottom are growing. Your Anemone is going to move if it dose not like the light, and to a low flow place.

Last edited:

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The anemone will move until it finds a place in your tank that it likes. I suggest you get this one!
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456492270.337061.jpg

BeastMode335i

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that same light and found it wasn't supplemental enough for my 55g as my corals just didn't like it, I threw my 6x54w T5 light back on there and they all started growing like crazy again.. I see the new Pro model is full spectrum so that's definitely a plus, not sure if yours is the Pro or not but that's what I'd buy if I did it again.. Or retro fit the Orbit Pro into my T5 is another option..

But I did like the ramp up, ramp down, sunrise/sunset features.. I also played with the lightning one and all that which was cool but I felt it was more for show as my tank didn't do good with it, even after following the instructions on percentages and all that..

Good luck!

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the input. When I figure out how to upload a picture I will show you the light. I read good reviews for this LED light at marine depot website, but let's see how it does in my tank. I got 30 days to try it and return it if it doesn't perform. Best regards

20160225_190853.jpg

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks JetMaker for the input. Mines are the regular, non pro LED lights. I has 30 days to see how they do with my tank

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I am new to reefing, will these spects help me determine the type or soft corals that I can try with these lights? So far I know that this LED may not be best for hard corals, 'SPS' , the discription on the box says to try more than one light for SPS.

20160227_073952.jpg

20160227_073659.jpg

20gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the current orbit 24 inch on my 20gallon high and I'm growing red and green shelf montis and a couple of acropora. You can basically grow any soft coral or lps you want with that light.

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights are okay for tanks with a height of a foot, much taller and the light isnt strong enough.

20gallonreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But like jetmaker said, for sps you need to put them up top. The only exception would be some birdsnest coral. They grow fast, are hardy and can survive in lower light

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my yellow tang got this white line tonight, I doubt the new LED lights had anything to do with this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as to why the white lines on my yellow tang. It appears that I am getting brown algae, not a lot yet, it's been just two days. I reduce the amount of light today. It's probably the brown algae affecting my Yellow Tang or he just freaked out for some reason, resulting in this white lines

20160227_232229.jpg

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown algae starting after putting LEDs, small algae, not a full bloom yet, its only the second day. I learned from "The Reef Master" (PrestineWaters) that this is normal.

20160227_232445.jpg

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown algae starting to appear after two days with this LED lights, that's normal according to "The Reef Master" (PrestineWaters)

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my yellow tang got this white line tonight, I doubt the new LED lights had anything to do with this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as to why the white lines on my yellow tang. It appears that I am getting brown algae, not a lot yet, it's been just two days. I reduce the amount of light today. It's probably the brown algae affecting my Yellow Tang or he just freaked out for some reason, resulting in this white lines

20160227_232229.jpg
Kinda looking like lateral line need @Humblefish

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back