Current Orbit Marine LED 48"

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white line is normal for a YT; however the sunken in belly is not (could be intestinal worms.)

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used this light for my initial build. This is fine for softies, LPS stuffs and soe very basic startup acros but if you mean serious business then these lights are not good enough. They don't have watt enough power to do advance SPS and they also lack full spectrum advantage like other advance LED lights have. I saw brown algae issue its natural with these lights. If you use these lights you have to be at the top of your nutrient maintenance specially phosphate or it will be a persistent problem. This light does not kill fishes so your tang is suffering from some different issue.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the insight, the white lines are going away today. I was very worry, thanks, I like this fish :)

You'll probably notice the white line again at night, when you first turn on the lights, or when the fish is stressed.

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this light for my initial build. This is fine for softies, LPS stuffs and soe very basic startup acros but if you mean serious business then these lights are not good enough. They don't have watt enough power to do advance SPS and they also lack full spectrum advantage like other advance LED lights have. I saw brown algae issue its natural with these lights. If you use these lights you have to be at the top of your nutrient maintenance specially phosphate or it will be a persistent problem. This light does not kill fishes so your tang is suffering from some different issue.
Thanks for the feedback, I am giving these LED lights a try for 30 days to see how they do wih basic corals, I hope I don't get that deep, SERIOUS, completed corals, but that what I said to myself when I started with a 10 Gallon tank and now have a 60 gallon tank :)

OP
OP
ItsMeMax

ItsMeMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa Coral added to my 60 Gal Tank with the Orbit Marine LED. I am using the pre programed Light Program for Coral acclimation: 8am - 4pm, both white & blue light at 60% intencity. The LED is 22" from the coral. How long for them to acclimate? Is it normal for some of the 'flowerts' to remain closed when acclimating? I will try 50% light intensity. What has worked for you in terms of feeding? How often?

20160305_090219.jpg

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this light for about a year. I have mine set at 50% white, and 100% blue. My tank is 21 deep and my corals on the bottom are growing. Your Anemone is going to move if it dose not like the light, and to a low flow place.
Hi! what corals do you have? just a question-If this light is not enough, why just set the white to 50% only? Im just new to thia hobby.I use the Orbit marine too.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! what corals do you have? just a question-If this light is not enough, why just set the white to 50% only? Im just new to thia hobby.I use the Orbit marine too.
The more white, the more algae I had. When I switch over to my new lights my corals went from brownish to full color down at the bottom. I have SPS, LPS, And a couple of softies.

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more white, the more algae I had. When I switch over to my new lights my corals went from brownish to full color down at the bottom. I have SPS, LPS, And a couple of softies.
do you have additional light aside from orbit? all your corals are at the bottom? If you dont mind, could you please post a pic of your tank? Thanks.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switch out my Orbit Marine light to Hydra 26 hd's. I had my orbit about 4 inches off the water and the lower corals were about 22 inch from the light. My light now are 10 inches from the water and I have them at about 40% I might inch them up to 45% in another month. Since change a couple of things my corals have almost doubled in size in three months. One was the light for the reason that I did not have enought light to grow arcos, birdnest, and styros. My Zoa are also coming back since I am using stronger lights.

zeeGGee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switch out my Orbit Marine light to Hydra 26 hd's. I had my orbit about 4 inches off the water and the lower corals were about 22 inch from the light. My light now are 10 inches from the water and I have them at about 40% I might inch them up to 45% in another month. Since change a couple of things my corals have almost doubled in size in three months. One was the light for the reason that I did not have enought light to grow arcos, birdnest, and styros. My Zoa are also coming back since I am using stronger lights.
I see.Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also with the new lights, my corline algae is taking off. Orbit marine is a good light but if you are looking to grow corals you might want to change light I litter later down the road

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see.Thanks so much! I appreciate it.
You are welcome. You can click on the build thread in my signature to see the difference in my tank.

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this light for about a year. I have mine set at 50% white, and 100% blue. My tank is 21 deep and my corals on the bottom are growing. Your Anemone is going to move if it dose not like the light, and to a low flow place.
I know this was a while ago but was this light strong enough for your anemone? Im thinking of getting it for my 55 gal, 20 inches deep and i have a BTA

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I would say board line:) do you have a budget? The Orbit Marine works great for a fish only live rock system, I found that I wanted to go the coral rout and went with a different light:)

Slot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I would say board line:) do you have a budget? The Orbit Marine works great for a fish only live rock system, I found that I wanted to go the coral rout and went with a different light:)
Yeah my budget is around 200-250$. I probably wont be getting any coral, just fish and maybe another anemone. Do you recommend any LED lights around that price range that can support anemone?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What settings do you run your pro at? I'm at 30%W for 4 hours 60%B for 8 with a 30 ramp. I have a bit of a shallow tank and its right on the lid.
Ahhh, with running the pro you would mostly have better results than I did with just the regular Orbit Marine. I ran %100 blue and 46%white with a two hour ramp up and down for a total of 10 hours

scoopsthedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, with running the pro you would mostly have better results than I did with just the regular Orbit Marine. I ran %100 blue and 46%white with a two hour ramp up and down for a total of 10 hours

I have mushroom, leather and sympodium doing well with a few Zoas and a BTA. Going to slowly increase the % / PAR over the next month and see how they do.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back