Current orbit usa

bobbydelight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon 48 in long tank. Thinking about buying the current orbit led. Right now i have frogspawn, zoas, green finger leather and duncan coral. Anyone using this led light? Will this light support the corals i currently have?

germs101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that light. It's ramping is really nice. As for your question about sustaining coral, I'm only using it to supplement my t5 lights on my 265 gallon at this point. Stupid me initially thought it would be enough for my tank. My zoa's and mushrooms did OK even in that situation. The anemone? Not so much.

However, I used to have a 50 gallon with those corals you have that did just fine with Current True Lumen lights, and I swear the Orbit looks brighter when I compare them on my tank I have now.

This may be of no help at all, but just in case no one chimes in you have something

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Current Orbit Pro and it does a good job on a 65. Make sure you get the Pro not the standard model because that won't be enough to get growth.

OP
OP
B

bobbydelight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that light. It's ramping is really nice. As for your question about sustaining coral, I'm only using it to supplement my t5 lights on my 265 gallon at this point. Stupid me initially thought it would be enough for my tank. My zoa's and mushrooms did OK even in that situation. The anemone? Not so much.

However, I used to have a 50 gallon with those corals you have that did just fine with Current True Lumen lights, and I swear the Orbit looks brighter when I compare them on my tank I have now.

This may be of no help at all, but just in case no one chimes in you have something

Thanks!

germs101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, something else that maybe just I notice, but most light's sunrise/sunset are just a variation of blues. This light almost gives a purple, pink, orangish during the sunset and sunrise that I really think is pretty.

germs101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't answer that since I don't know your tank specs or what kind of t5s you have. However, the best ANY of the tanks I've had over the years did as far as coral growth was with my t5s. I have switched almost everything to LEDs for cost of replacement bulbs, heat, and electricity though. Reading all of these forums tells me it's a very individual preference.

lazlodawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Orbit Marine Pro and I loved the ramping ability, but it wasn't strong enough for the corals and depth I had. They survived, but next to zero growth. It also looked a bit too yellow when both channels were running at 100% for my taste.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back