Custom AI hydra mount

nstuber3956

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an AI Hydra 26 HD off of a fellow reefer for a few dollars more he threw in a classic mount. So I got it all together and wasn't that impressed with the way the Classic mount looked. So I broke out the saw and some spray paint and this is what I got.
IMG_2307.JPG

My next complaint was I didn't like the direction in which the light mounted. It's not a functional thing it's just purely look. I like the look with the parallel mounts but AI no longer makes them. So I ordered 2 Hydra HMS mounts and with a few min and a trip to the hardware store I finally have a mount that I like.
IMG_2306.JPG

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great...nice work. Is this for a new build? I couldn't help but to notice the union and elbow in the picture...lol.

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an AI Hydra 26 HD off of a fellow reefer for a few dollars more he threw in a classic mount. So I got it all together and wasn't that impressed with the way the Classic mount looked. So I broke out the saw and some spray paint and this is what I got.
IMG_2307.JPG

My next complaint was I didn't like the direction in which the light mounted. It's not a functional thing it's just purely look. I like the look with the parallel mounts but AI no longer makes them. So I ordered 2 Hydra HMS mounts and with a few min and a trip to the hardware store I finally have a mount that I like.
IMG_2306.JPG
I have seen some use TV mount to DIY mounting there hydra's. AI just came out with a new mounting system HMS that looks pretty cool. I am think of switching my DIY over to the HMS mounts

OP
OP
nstuber3956

nstuber3956

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great...nice work. Is this for a new build? I couldn't help vut to notice the union and elbow in the picture...lol.

Yes it is. I'm currently working on dry fitting some plumbing. Still have a few things to buy.

OP
OP
nstuber3956

nstuber3956

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some use TV mount to DIY mounting there hydra's. AI just came out with a new mounting system HMS that looks pretty cool. I am think of switching my DIY over to the HMS mounts

The HMS system does look nice. If I ever decide to go with 2 lights I will probably upgrade to the HMS system.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back