Dc pump reviews

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the switch to a Diablo DC5500 from a Sicce Syncra 4.0 about 2-months ago and I'm very impressed. While the Sicce was pretty quiet after it broke in, the Diablo has been dead silent from day one. I like the soft-start and control for doing water changes. I can dial back the flow and do a 10-15% w/c now without having to completely turn off the pump, whereas before I could only pull 5% or so before the sump ran too dry. The controlability is nice for those with full siphon overflows. I have mine splitting between two systems that total around 150g of water and it's dialed back. Plenty of power.

danny dbl kick mizelle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got my 9000 in today from [email protected]. and i absolutely love it..... [FONT=&quot]Weni Wong took care of me from day one and answers emails right back...it was a pleasure doing business with him[/FONT] and will be doing so again......

this pump rocks.....i am so glad i pulled the trigger on this baby.....and weni....if you see this thanks again for great customer service........
pics are of my 9000 in sump and the controller
P1010540.jpg
P1010541.jpg
P1010542.jpg

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night, I hand tightened one of my pumps and I heard a big "crack". I then proceeded to unscrew it and it snapped off. I then proceeded to hand tighten the second pump, but it would not go on as far as the 1st one, so then I grabbed a pair of channel locks and turned it a half turn and "snap" it came off. I called Reef Octopus/Coralvue, they acknowledged the problem and I had to pay $70 to get 2 new housing replacements. I was a little bugged they would not send them for free because I know of 2 other people here locally who did the SAME thing on their pumps. 1 of them was a retailer who distributes this stuff. He broke the pump in the same spot. It is the pump he is using on his display tank in his store. I will have the new parts Wednesday. I used a PVC thread lubricant/sealant on them as well. I would not recommend this pump to anyone and I will be replacing them with something else as son as I figure out what I want. Just be careful if you decided to get one.

rollermonkey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to here some dc pump reviews, good and bad. I'm looking at getting one of them but can't decide between the diablo or the speedwave. I like that the diablo comes with an extra year of warranty. Lets here your side of it.

They are the same exact pumps with different colored plastic. Therefore, which do you want to pay more and get to deal with CoralVue, or pay less and deal with WaveLine?

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the speedwave 10K. It moves a lot of water dead silently. I am using it internally,so I cannot comment on external. But it came with the slip fittings and I want to say it indicated that it could be used externally. It has given me fantastic performance and adjustability so far.

Two days ago, I turned my overall system/filter flow down. Skimmer works completely different with the much slower flow through it. Wonderful thing is, just a few press of a button and its back up. Absolutely fantastic four a pump imho..

No complaints whatsoever, and the power savings are an added plus also!

Note2 on Tap Pro

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a Jebao DC12000 in a 7 gallon bucket of water and at 1 hour it was 1-2 degrees warmer. At 4 hours it was 3-4 degrees warmer and that was the end of the temperature rise. Now that's a 3000gph pump working in a closed 7 gallon bucket! Talk about not making much heat! Next it goes to work in the sump of my 350g system.

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Jebao DC-3000 which is plenty of pump for my needs. I will be replacing a ehiem 1250 which will become a bio-pellet reactory pump now.

Im looking forward to the Jebao as a return pump.

YodaHart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jebao DC-12000 as a return pump on my 120 running at 75%. It's been working great for the past month. I also have (2) WP-25's and a diablo pump for my Reef Octopus POV-DC1 skimmer. They are all great pumps. I was worried about heat from all internal pumps, but my heater kicks on every 30 minutes to keep the temperature at 78. Before I had my controller hooked up my tank was at 70.5 degrees and the room temperature was 70. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about using a chiller!

dbm reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speedwave

I purchased the speedwave that is equal to the dc10000. I got it last year around april /may.
I tried it once to make sure it worked and had to push on the cord to make it work and it worked
for a bit so I figured it would be good. 3-4 months ago I finished my build and was excited to get this bad boy going
The first thing that went wrong was the power supply was running and then it just stopped so I pulled
it apart thinking that I had waited to long for a waranty and found connections that were not soldered
correctly so I fixed them and fired it back up. It ran for about a week before my family and I went out of town
for a weekend. When I returned from the weekend my return pump wasnt working and the tank was 60 degrees!
When I inspected it I found that the pump would move barely for a second then stop, I tried the power supply on another pump and it still worked so now its the pump. Im going to try a waveline gen2 now hopefully that will work better.
I have a reef octo POV skimmer with a dc pump and it has worked fine since purchased.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can these pumps be throttled back? What is the lowest flow on the smallest pump? I'm toying with the thought of a controllable pump for my Avast The Vibe zeo reactor. As the thing is being agitated on a schedule the the pump flow could be boosted to better flush out the mulm and then go back to the lowest setting.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back