Dead quarantine

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just aquired 3 trochus snails. Should i quarantine them? And what medication would you use to quarantine?

Parasite tomonts are capable of encysting upon the shell of a snail. Only thing you can do is isolate said snail in a fishless environment (like a frag tank) for 76 days.

OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parasite tomonts are capable of encysting upon the shell of a snail. Only thing you can do is isolate said snail in a fishless environment (like a frag tank) for 76 days.
Oh wow. Can i quarantine anything else with them?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inverts? No sir they cannot.

+1 CP is a fish only medication. In fact, I don't like using any medications in the presence of corals/inverts. Even supposedly "reef safe" ones.

OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found today in QT some spots on the longnose butterfly and small tail rot on the chromis. Cannot tell if its lympho or ich. Chloroquine in QT was kept at 10mg/l. What do you think is the problem?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found today in QT some spots on the longnose butterfly and small tail rot on the chromis. Cannot tell if its lympho or ich. Chloroquine in QT was kept at 10mg/l. What do you think is the problem?

could the long nose have Lymph? Does it look kinda like cauliflower and is it on a fin? It starts off looking like ick but gets bigger instead of falling off. I've found that butterflies are especially prone to Lymph.

OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b377a5de18fd4684f4c87ab02ccf4a44.jpg

How do you measure chloroquine concentration?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what test you would need to measure it, but I know they don't sell them on amazon. Humble will have to get with you on that.

Those bumps though, dont look like ick, velvet or lymph. It's almost like a pimple that hasn't come to a head yet. I can't tell from the picture, but does it look like there is a clear coating over the bump? i'm thinking of flukes and wondering if they have been treated for that yet, though I'm pretty doubtful that they are flukes. I guess we will just have to wait for humble on this one too.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, that could be ich... it does appear to be under the skin. But something also doesn't look quite right about it. Can you post a closeup pic of the affected area?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back