Deep blue pro tank experiences

hyde7278

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bought a deep blue pro 75 gal tank at LFS for $85.00 and was wondering what people's experiences are with theses tanks? Good or bad. It's not the rimless one.

Also wondering if I got it for a good price?

And last but not least can you remove the upper plastic trim to turn it into a rimless tank? Or are the rimless tanks built differently?

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just bought a deep blue pro 75 gal tank at LFS for $85.00 and was wondering what people's experiences are with theses tanks? Good or bad. It's not the rimless one.

Also wondering if I got it for a good price?

And last but not least can you remove the upper plastic trim to turn it into a rimless tank? Or are the rimless tanks built differently?
Can't provide any input on the tank specifically. But it sounds like a good price for a 75 gal tank depending on the condition of the tank.

Regarding the the trim, I'd leave it on. Rimless tanks are made specifically without the bracing provided by the trim. Removing the trim will most likely cause problems for you at some point. Maybe not right away, but one day you could have 75 gal of water and a bunch of livestock on your floor.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back