Di

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

alan j t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced my DI and other filters on my brs 150gpd ro .I bought the 6 stage replacement universal .this a pic of the DI resin. Does this look right? Why are my readings so high. I flushed the ro for a few minutes to see if it would help. Tds are over 100
I couldn't figure out how to add a picture from my tablet

20160912_162742.jpg

Last edited:

DustinReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just replaced my DI and other filters on my brs 150gpd ro .I bought the 6 stage replacement universal .this a pic of the DI resin. Does this look right? Why are my readings so high. I flushed the ro for a few minutes to see if it would help. Tds are over 100

20160912_162742.jpg
I normally pull the restrictor out and flush for 30-45 min after changing carbons. Keep it from trashing the ro membrane. May give it a shot. DI resin looks normal though

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Try ro reseat the ro membrane. Yea next time, remove the tubing going into the membrane after you change out the first few stages. The carbon dust can basically trash everything.

20160912_162742.jpg

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should also run your R/O for a recommended 20 min i believe... Then test the tds

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you reading the 100+ ppm TDS? After the RO or after the DI?
you should also run your R/O for a recommended 20 min i believe... Then test the tds
The post RO numbers (pre-DI) should come down to where you expect them to be after about 60 seconds.

The rinse up period for a NEW ro membrane takes significantly longer, but that is a different topic entirely.

Russ

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20160912_162742.jpg

Hey there Alan! Yup, that resin looks totally normal. Did you also purchase a replacement membrane? Assuming you have the BRS 6 Stage Universal Plus with the triple stage TDS meter, what setting do you have the TDS meter set to - after the membrane, after the first DI, or after the second DI?

OP
OP
alan j t

alan j t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't remeber how the tds meters are set up. But I have the 6 stage brs system with triple tds readings.i did not buy a replacement membrane .I've read they last a little longer and should be replaced when the pressure starts to dip.
Should I purchase new membranes?

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the TDS of the water before entering the RO/DI system? Check posts from this gentleman @AZDesertRat. He posted many useful articles about how to rinse your RO system when putting in new filter cartridges/membrane....
I don't now if brand new system needs to be rinsed as that carbon block dust will bust the membrane pretty fast.

I however remember correctly when I had my first RO system for drinking a long time ago, it was installed by a professional and the drinking water was black at first due to the carbon dust. The guy told me to dump the first 2 full tank of RO water. That means the carbon dust pass through the membrane .......

I honestly don't remeber how the tds meters are set up. But I have the 6 stage brs system with triple tds readings.i did not buy a replacement membrane .I've read they last a little longer and should be replaced when the pressure starts to dip.
Should I purchase new membranes?

Last edited:

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to note, this system has only been running for 6 months

Ok, I see. Just to clarify, are you seeing 100 TDS after your DI resin? If so, what is the TDS immediately after your membrane? Do you know what the pressure of the system is while running? How long does it take to produce a gallon of product water?

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you pack the DI resin in. I use a beer bottle to make sure it's packed in good.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back