Diluting B-Ionic

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a set of 5-gal buckets of B-Ionic this evening. The dilution label on the alkalinity bucket is for the 1-gal. size. I need to know how much water to use to dilute the alkalinity. Does anyone have a bucket with a dilution label on it?
Gary

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this it?
"Our recommended starting dose is 1 ml. of each component per 4 gallons of aquarium capacity per day. Maintain alkalinity between 3.0 and 3.75 meq/liter (8.4 and 10.5 dKH) by testing daily and adjusting dose accordingly. Depending on the degree of calcification occurring in the aquarium, dose may have to be significantly increased over our recommended starting dose. Never add more than 1 ml. per gallon of each component in a 24 hour period, and never allow pH to rise above 8.45. Once the proper dose has been determined for your aquarium, testing can be performed less frequently. If your aquarium tends to run at a higher pH (over 8.45) we suggest you try our B-Ionic Calcium Bicarbonate System. When using kalkwasser in addition to B-Ionic Calcium Buffer System, follow the above procedure but start with 1 ml of each component per 8 gallons of aquarium capacity per day. For more detailed directions please refer to our product label."

If not I can check some more.

OP
OP
gparr

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Rich, and good to see you around here. What I need is how much water to pour into a new bucket to dilute the concentrate.
Gary

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gary, i understand your frustration in finding the info you seek. It is just not out there, but this is the phone number of ESV's Technical Support Team.....
516-605-0531
These guys should be able to help you 1,2,3 on Monday.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back