Dinoflagellates - dinos a possible cure!? Follow along and see!

OP
OP
twilliard

twilliard

Tank pests..
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@twilliard help! Did the dinos make it through bleach?
20170204_222345.jpeg
20170204_222342.jpeg
20170204_222340.jpeg
IMO blow off those areas and wait. Here is a tricky thing to consider also. How many cells were in the sand not getting exposed unless the sand was turned over with every dose. This is a fact to consider.
To me it does not look like heavy cell reproduction. Observation is the best thing you can do right now. Remember each tank is different and the amount dosed in your tank with either be or not be adequate. This is what makes it so hard and tedious when I do these studies. People want dosing amounts NOW and that's where I say "it is not ready".

I thank everyone for sending me such inspiring PM's lately! Trust me guys work continues

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO blow off those areas and wait. Here is a tricky thing to consider also. How many cells were in the sand not getting exposed unless the sand was turned over with every dose. This is a fact to consider.
To me it does not look like heavy cell reproduction. Observation is the best thing you can do right now. Remember each tank is different and the amount dosed in your tank with either be or not be adequate. This is what makes it so hard and tedious when I do these studies. People want dosing amounts NOW and that's where I say "it is not ready".

I thank everyone for sending me such inspiring PM's lately! Trust me guys work continues
Well the sand sat in a bucket with little water for about 3 months, cleaned it with ro water, a lid say about 30 gallons of cleaning....then put into the tank....

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have removed everything from the tank how much bleach are you guys dosing and what is the procedure in adding livestock back to the tank?

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have removed everything from the tank how much bleach are you guys dosing and what is the procedure in adding livestock back to the tank?
A base line is 1ml bleach per 10 gallons. You will want to do water changes before you add livestock to be on the safe side

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have read all these posts. so the conclusion is nothing beats dinos and bleach may or may not do the trick. Not to promising and if this is the case i guess i might as well tear down my tank. Not fun looking at a tank with corals that never want to open. Sucks really sucks.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have read all these posts. so the conclusion is nothing beats dinos and bleach may or may not do the trick. Not to promising and if this is the case i guess i might as well tear down my tank. Not fun looking at a tank with corals that never want to open. Sucks really sucks.
I'd say so far bleach has it in the bag...I think the 3 people who tried bleach dosing all succeeded

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i'd basically have to set up a big QT tank. Catch all my fish and inverts and put them in another tank and then dose. Seems like a bit much not knowing if it will even work. Guess i'm just very frustrated at this point. At least i got to see an awesome looking tank for 3 months before this happened.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i'd basically have to set up a big QT tank. Catch all my fish and inverts and put them in another tank and then dose. Seems like a bit much not knowing if it will even work. Guess i'm just very frustrated at this point. At least i got to see an awesome looking tank for 3 months before this happened.
The inverts depending on what they are well be fine with bleach dosing

badd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I lost my YWG... it took 4 days after I stop dosing to find him.. he is fine..he went and hid behind my GBTA foot... the bta had decided to move and there was my YWG... peeking out of the hole the bta had its foot set in.. I think the ywg ran the bta off..lol..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back