DIY KZ Coral Snow (with >97% purity)

MikeyAl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent - I will have to give this a try...Thanks for the tip.

Along the same lines I often use bentonite - for much the same purposes - bentonite has the property of adsorbing relatively large amounts of protein molecules from aqueous solutions. - a flocculant.

I get the food grade from the health food store - made by great plains labs - inexpensive and also very good at clearing water.

Robert. How much bentonite do you use?

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this was the same thing until I bought KZ coral snow. The color on kz corals snow is more like a grayish color not white so I think there's some ingredients missing.

OP
OP
jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this was the same thing until I bought KZ coral snow. The color on kz corals snow is more like a grayish color not white so I think there's some ingredients missing.
This is much more pure than KZ's product, what you are seeing are impurities.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im all about DIY if there's accurate info but if people are going with guess work to comprare a product then it's not an accurate comparison.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate are stark white, in comparison the KZ product which is nowhere near white. :)
Ok again how do you know this? do you know exactly what KZ uses? Did Thomas gave you a list of the ingredients he uses? again if you are going by guess then the comparison is invalid : )

OP
OP
jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok again how do you know this? do you know exactly what KZ uses? Did Thomas gave you a list of the ingredients he uses? again if you are going by guess then the comparison is invalid : )
It's right on the side of the bottle, says it is a 'calcium-magnesium carbonate'. Obviously that isn't something that can exist, meaning that it is a mixture of calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. :)

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's right on the side of the bottle, says it is a 'calcium-magnesium carbonate'. Obviously that isn't something that can exist, meaning that it is a mixture of calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. :)
So you are relying on this statement to claim is the same?

Product images
coral_snow.jpg

Coral Snow

Item #: 100ml
For small polyp and large polyp stony corals, soft corals and clams as well as problem solving/solution in a salt water tank.

Coral Snow is a liquid secondary biological facilitator for elements like B-Balance or Potassium-Iodide/Fluoride Concentrate. Compatibel with all elements, also for Amino Acid and Vitalizer. Coral Snow contains among others a natural Calcium-Magnesium Carbonate mix. With just 2.5µ Coral Snow has an optimal size for absorption by SPS corals.
We dose Coral Snow daily with another element each. The dosage can be put into a glass together with another product, mixed and after about 5 min. slowly into the streaming of your tank.

You can dose 1 to max. 4 ml Coral Snow per 100L/25gallons tank water daily.

Coral Snow neutralizes undesirable acids and is a solution against e.g. slime algae and cyano bacteria.
Therefore take Corals Snow and add 1 drop of ZEObak per 100L/25 gallons tank water each 2nd day.

The cloudiness in the water is harmless for all fish as well as sensitive corals.

OP
OP
jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Bubble coral sting good
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are relying on this statement to claim is the same?
Coral Snow

Item #: 100ml
For small polyp and large polyp stony corals, soft corals and clams as well as problem solving/solution in a salt water tank.

Coral Snow is a liquid secondary biological facilitator for elements like B-Balance or Potassium-Iodide/Fluoride Concentrate. Compatibel with all elements, also for Amino Acid and Vitalizer. Coral Snow contains among others a natural Calcium-Magnesium Carbonate mix. With just 2.5µ Coral Snow has an optimal size for absorption by SPS corals.
We dose Coral Snow daily with another element each. The dosage can be put into a glass together with another product, mixed and after about 5 min. slowly into the streaming of your tank.

You can dose 1 to max. 4 ml Coral Snow per 100L/25gallons tank water daily.

Coral Snow neutralizes undesirable acids and is a solution against e.g. slime algae and cyano bacteria.
Therefore take Corals Snow and add 1 drop of ZEObak per 100L/25 gallons tank water each 2nd day.

The cloudiness in the water is harmless for all fish as well as sensitive corals.
This is quite possibly the only product in KZ's entire line that actually mentions the product contents, besides just the BS fluff. In addition, the flocculent action of calcium carbonate is a fact, and since that is precisely what the KZ product does, then it makes it pretty easy to put two and two together.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is quite possibly the only product in KZ's entire line that actually mentions the product contents, besides just the BS fluff. In addition, the flocculent action of calcium carbonate is a fact, and since that is precisely what the KZ product does, then it makes it pretty easy to put two and two together.
What BS fluff you speak of?

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also
Nope. I don't need zeolith to remove ammonia (I have live rock for that) and I don't worry about micromanaging every trace element in my tank :)
I can tell you don't understand what they mean about the statement 'liquid secondary biological facilitator', 'optimal size for absorption by SPS' and also can tell you don't understand the zeovit system but its ok.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back