DIY Rear view/ front view cameras?

dysfam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am interested in adding this to my car...Any suggested brand, technique??? I like the front view too as sometimes parking is hard without knowing where/what the bumper is near:)

Thanks

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Broadfield works in car audio, I'm not sure if he'd be helpful in this thread but from my experience people who specialize in car audio tend to know their way around most specialty add ons whether it be cameras, remote starters, etc.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Antics

Hi,

I am interested in adding this to my car...Any suggested brand, technique??? I like the front view too as sometimes parking is hard without knowing where/what the bumper is near:)

Thanks

What kind of vehicle is this for?

OP
OP
dysfam

dysfam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a sedan... you need the exact model and make?

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get on flea bay cameras are about 15 or so a piece. What head unit are you running?

I would highly recommend staying away from a $15 camera. I have a lot of customers bring me their own equipment to install... and they are these cheap cameras. They have at the very least, very poor image reproduction. On top of that, they fail quickly... some being bad right out of the box.

OP
OP
dysfam

dysfam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did look at the $15 camera on ebay, but that does not have the display...messing with the existing display in the car is beyond my ability :)

The rear camera I think is do able. The front camera, I don't know how people are doing that in term of power and wire and on/off control...

I saw some DIY for side camera on google also....Need more ideas :)

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but I don't want/know to mess with it.. :)

Ok, so are you just wanting to slap a cheap screen on top of your dash or maybe do a screen in a new rearview mirror?

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv installed several of the flea bay cameras. Image quality is good enough to see if your about to hit something it's not 1080p . Pioneer cameras arnt much better and about 50-60 more. A simple toggle switch on the cameras power supply would makes cheap solution for one screen and 2 cams.

OP
OP
dysfam

dysfam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the signal will be sent wirelessly, the only thing I need for the camera is the power.....
How do you get power to the camera? I will google that next :) but you have any suggestion?

Iv installed several of the flea bay cameras. Image quality is good enough to see if your about to hit something it's not 1080p . Pioneer cameras arnt much better and about 50-60 more. A simple toggle switch on the cameras power supply would makes cheap solution for one screen and 2 cams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dysfam

dysfam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a flea bay camera? ebay? I search flea bay camera and it looks like I miss something :). Please help...and Thank you
Iv installed several of the flea bay cameras.

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the signal will be sent wirelessly, the only thing I need for the camera is the power.....
How do you get power to the camera? I will google that next :) but you have any suggestion?

Tap into a power source under the hood is best. Look for one that is only on when the ignition is on. Make sure it is fused properly.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back