OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ thanks swanny.. Yeah that link answers a lot of them... Sorry guys I know I'm a slacker.. Right now I'm riding a roller coaster called life haha... I have had way more than my share of ups and down lately.. Good news I just placed a bid on a new house so I'll be moving very soon hopefully..;) can't wait this house a shop in the back yard and lots of property... It's gonna be on like donkey kong if I get it... Tired of renting..:sad:

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the one I made. The company I work for welds plastic (polypropylene), so mine is of course made of poly.

The "running" capacity is 60 gal, have room for 30 gal of "overflow", and a 15 gal ATO compartment (under the skimmer). I still gotta install the ATO pump, etc. Also will be adding mounting for lights, dosing pumps, filter socks, etc.

2012-04-25_18-40-36_101.jpg

2012-04-25_18-41-00_434.jpg

2012-04-25_18-41-20_136.jpg

2012-04-25_18-41-39_879.jpg

2012-04-25_18-41-54_640.jpg

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube;JjQfgDaDdMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JjQfgDaDdMM[/video]

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YF:

I actually thought that was a spam post when I first saw that video - someone scrolling through a list of forum posts. Seems random - I didn't get it, but just now posting. ???

-Matt

P.S. Are you the "Steve" credited in the video?

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YF:

I actually thought that was a spam post when I first saw that video - someone scrolling through a list of forum posts. Seems random - I didn't get it, but just now posting. ???

-Matt

P.S. Are you the "Steve" credited in the video?
Yes Matt. thats me

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome builds BTW Troylee, YOU are an inspiration for anyone looking to DIY there own sump...You sure have given me a TON of ideas

aaronbrown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much you charge to build a sump like the one in the first post 3rd pic down?

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep...you are the sump master. Great job! I like high flow sumps too. I usually double the flow in the sump from that of the tank, i get more oxygen and no nuisance anything. I dont shake the chaeto off either, but thats because i will loose all my pods, it seems to stay fairly clean...what i do is have a DSB w/ mangroves Pre-chaeto, so the algae does not out eat the trees....and the sand is like detritus trap. works very well. I have only done aquarium turned sumps, as acrylic is not one of my strong points haha. once I learn I have an idea that i will attempt and will most likely be asking for some help haha.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much you charge to build a sump like the one in the first post 3rd pic down?
I don't build them for people really.. These we're my past set ups and a couple local friends... Try melev or avast I'm sure they can hook it up for ya.... I haven't done any acrylic work in the last year my life went upside down but it's coming back slowly but surely.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back