Does anuone have a fluval 2.0 marine and reef light?

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so i have a fluval 2.0 marine and reef light...i am just curious to know of anyone else has one...if you do what settings do you use and any review on the product.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't already have one, you should pick up a light meter. I wouldn't reef without one. :)

I use a simple "lx-1010b" lux meter I got direct from China for less than $15 – I would recommend this as a minimum. If you can afford a PAR meter, they are more accurate.

I would love to see what measurements you get on your tank! :)

While you wait on shipping, a lux meter app can be fun to play with.

OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't already have one, you should pick up a light meter. I wouldn't reef without one. :)

I use a simple "lx-1010b" lux meter I got direct from China for less than $15 – I would recommend this as a minimum. If you can afford a PAR meter, they are more accurate.

I would love to see what measurements you get on your tank! :)

While you wait on shipping, a lux meter app can be fun to play with.
Ok thanks...and which lux meter app eould be the most accurate i have a samsung s7 edge phone.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say for sure since I have a different phone (iOS) but there should be many available. Just try one and see how it goes. :) Post results here if things seem unclear! (And remember to order the handheld unit too!)

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ashley

ashley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty linked the docs because they give you a base set of lighting numbers you can use to set up your lights and plan your tank. You don't really need settings from someone else now. Make sense?

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh they have a inline timer that you control by the power to the light. Tried it for a little bit but returned it. It has 2. Star for the app far from being able to calibrate. Fluvial web address is not working. You can buy them online much more expensive. You cannot find a kelvin to lums calculator. I find out a LED is a ray of light focused into beam for the better penetrating deep than with all spectrum of colors than m.h., the older bulb florescent.

Timothy Butler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find the lux and par on a Fluvial link. I have two 25000k marine and reef I returned the wifi timer not dependable to come on or off non program parameters and it was hard to dial them in loss wifi connection and delete the settings I program in. I have a 75 gallon with refugium filter protein skimmer co2 calcium reactor. in the led posts some good info. It's hard find but worth the time going through threads

badd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the 36 inch fluval 2.0 on my 46bf ... it sucks..unless everything is less than 12 inches under water..IMHO... and cost way to much for what it is.. I upgraded to.. 2 black box 165w leds.. at the surface on 100% ..im getting 128000 lux... course they are not run at 100%.. w=16% b=50% peak.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back