OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little bummed today. Tuesday came and went and the cabinet guy was a no-show. He called late in the afternoon to reschedule for tomorrow. I hope this isn't an indication that he will be delayed with the work itself...

I am having second thoughts on the white acrylic laminate and so is my wife. She is thinking navy blue and I am thinking light grey. The white would match perfectly with our new kitchen, but with a potential move in the not-to-distant future, she is concerned with how the white might look in a new home with more traditional fixtures and finishes.

This is the kitchen we are matching in this house.

Image1478051564.576446.jpg

And this is the laminate (acrylic) we plan to use.

Image1478051615.684015.jpg

The nice thing about this laminate is that there is no brown or other base color in the corners. It truly is acrylic with a white backing. It can be buffed and polished like any other acrylic, and the edges are color-matched pvc, making the install very clean and finished.

This material is also available in Ferrari red or black, neither of which would match our decor.

I'm open to suggestions on using traditional laminate in other colors, or pressing on with the white acrylic.

Thanks in advance.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little bummed today. Tuesday came and went and the cabinet guy was a no-show. He called late in the afternoon to reschedule for tomorrow. I hope this isn't an indication that he will be delayed with the work itself...

I am having second thoughts on the white acrylic laminate and so is my wife. She is thinking navy blue and I am thinking light grey. The white would match perfectly with our new kitchen, but with a potential move in the not-to-distant future, she is concerned with how the white might look in a new home with more traditional fixtures and finishes.

This is the kitchen we are matching in this house.

Image1478051564.576446.jpg

And this is the laminate (acrylic) we plan to use.

Image1478051615.684015.jpg

The nice thing about this laminate is that there is no brown or other base color in the corners. It truly is acrylic with a white backing. It can be buffed and polished like any other acrylic, and the edges are color-matched pvc, making the install very clean and finished.

This material is also available in Ferrari red or black, neither of which would match our decor.

I'm open to suggestions on using traditional laminate in other colors, or pressing on with the white acrylic.

Thanks in advance.

Looks great man!! Can't move now lol

OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great man!! Can't move now lol

Thanks bud. Not really looking to make a move, but my career doesn't always cooperate with my plans [emoji6]

No definitive plans for a move though, just a possibility in the next year or two...

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud. Not really looking to make a move, but my career doesn't always cooperate with my plans [emoji6]

No definitive plans for a move though, just a possibility in the next year or two...

I feel you. Gotta take the wave where it takes you! Are you familiar with the Neptunes Apex coding? I get the feeling I'm gonna be stuck with that for awhile!

OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you. Gotta take the wave where it takes you! Are you familiar with the Neptunes Apex coding? I get the feeling I'm gonna be stuck with that for awhile!

This will be my first time ever using an Apex. I've always gone old school with timers. Even this classic Apex feels all high tech for me...

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same boat here. I have someone to help me. Let me get everything figured out and I can lend you a hand

OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinet guy is scheduled to come pick up the canopy this evening and measure for the doors.

We are still undecided on the color. May just stick with the white. Open to any suggestions.

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White always looks good and blends with almost anything, light grey could also work and is not a colour you see used often. Do you have a photo of the grey that you want?

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinet guy is scheduled to come pick up the canopy this evening and measure for the doors.

We are still undecided on the color. May just stick with the white. Open to any suggestions.

White looks great. We went white I'm just worried about once its older :-/

OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was a good day!

The cabinet guy came over to pick up the canopy as well as the platform. He took all of the requisite measurements and expects to be ready to mount and wrap the stand as early as Saturday. We chose to go with white after all. This is equal parts exciting and unnerving. I really hope it turns out well. (Fingers crossed).

Here is what the platform looked like in front of the tank. It's about a 1/4" taller than the dollies the tank is resting on. I like the overall height!

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

Hopefully I will be posting pictures of the finished stand and canopy soon.

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it just doesnt look that high in the pics. I am taking down my 27" tall tank for a few reasons is that my aquascape sucks for par, i have to many highs and lows some sps do great some dont get enough light others to much. My next tank i debating between 18-20" tall and to have a low all around aquascape with shelf rock, hoping to get even PAR all around.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back