DrewZ intro post and Kessil Ap700 schedule thread

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested all 4 calc, alk,mag, and phos
Calc is 458, alk is 8.9, and the mag was 300. 0 phos.

I am using the salifert test kit

Test the Mag again, I don't think that's possible honestly. Much too low. Reread the directions and see if you made a possible mistake.

OP
OP
D

DrewZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked the kit to see where I could have gone wrong and the only thing I see is the how to read the syringe of the last solution where the change in color occurs. Doesn't specify whether you use the total amount used to get the the color change. Which is what I did and came up with 300. Or just take the remaining amount and go off of that which would put me at 1350.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1350 is good. Now you need to monitor the ALK daily, test each day. Find out how much your system is consuming in one day. Then when you have your two part mixed per directions and all the dosing equipment set up you can begin dosing. The BRS dosers like to be on for a minimum of one min each cycle. You just need to figure out what that will be. Take a liquid measuring device that can measure ml and using the doser start filling it up. After 30 min see how much was added and divide by 30. This will give you the ml per min (ml/min) that the doser will add. Do this for each one.

Use this web site to build your program to add the amount of ALK that your system consumes in one day. Find a program that turns the pump on for about a min or more each cycle.

http://www.reeftronics.net/adpg/dosingcalc.php/

Add the same amount of Cal and Mag as the ALK each day.

Test the ALK the same time each day and find if it is rising (reduce dosage) or falling (increase dosing). Make small changes, after any change wait 2-3 days before readjusting. You don't want the ALK to rise or fall once you have it dialed in. Remember that Cal and Mag solution is added at the exact same amount as your ALK, so if you change ALK dosing you also need to change the Cal and Mag.

Once you think you have it set and dosage is right continue to monitor the ALK as often as you like, at least weekly. Test the Cal and Mag at lest monthly. They also should not change.

OP
OP
D

DrewZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4600.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG

Well here's a little update. Turns out my light wasn't the issue on growing corals. It was one of the residents in my tank!! Sneaky flame angel was nipping at coral. Caught him one day to what I thought was picking algae in between polyps... but that was not the case. Let's just say I got him out in a hurry after staring at the fish trap for an hour waiting for him to swim in. Now everything is finally growing!!! So excited. Acros, Acans, chalices, encrusting montis you name it. Never in a million years did I think that he was the problem. Had him for little over a year with no issues until I upgraded to my 180. Oh well lol. Happy reefing!

#reef2reef #worldwidecorals #mywwccontest

First picture is my zoa garden in my 180
Second picture is my 30 gallon "drag" tank attached to the same system.
260 water volume.

Nickyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello i have ap700 on my 180 and 120 can someone suggest a program for coral including sps acro

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

And great looking tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great choice of lighting and tank size

BellaCoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! This community has a LOT of information and make sure to ask any questions you have!
facts-about-puffer-fish.jpg

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!! Welcome to R2R !!! Beautiful tank..

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Belated welcome, and your tank is lovely!

Glad you got to the bottom of your problem, though I’m sure it was bittersweet. I’ve had to re-home problem-children myself... hate to see them go even when they are causing a ruckus lol

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, looks like you are off and running. For some of your gear specific questions you would probably be better off going to the dedicated forum to get the attention the experts.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back