Duncan

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
I do not know if this is normal or what, but I have a duncan frag, it is about a 1 1/2 inch tube. It opens to a awesome green duncan single polyp. Every time I put it in a hole somewhere to start a colony it would fall out of the hole. No matter how tight it was, I still found it on the bottom of the tank. I finally moved it to a 3 gal. nano with a 18 wt pc and just laid it on the bottom untill I found a rock for it. I just turned the light on after a couple hours of being off and I noticed that there is a polyp growing out the other end of the tube. Its a tube about 1 1/2 inches long with a duncan polyp growing out of both ends. I guess that is why it would never stay into the hole I put it in. Any ideas on where to put it? I guess I could glue it to a rock right in the center of the tube without getting any glue on the ends where the polyps are.

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cut it right down the center and you'll have 2. I use a dremel. :) You can use bone cutters, but they have the potential to fracture at an undesirable angle.

Burks

Toledo Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just scream FEED ME!

Yes you can glue the stalk, just don't get any glue on the tissue like you said. That is how my frag was attached before selling it (wish I never did, waiting on LFS to get more).

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine were fresh cut when I got it. I made a nice base of superglue when I put it in, let it cure for a minute or two and put it back in and it has never moved from where I put it

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
After I cut it in the middle can I glue the fresh cut to a rock?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back