OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great but not a DIY more like do it myself, obviously a lot of thought and hard work was invested in the project but DIYs are typically for documenting a project to teach others how to replicate the process. Just pointing out the difference.

Yup I realize the different. I have no issues with sharing how I wire things up or any add on I used I am just not sharing my written code. I just have not posted any wiring diagrams or anything like that cause frankly I don't have any right now lol

Also I feel if I share my code and everything then its really not a DIY either its more of "I Do It For You"

Last edited:

Karmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I realize the different. I have no issues with sharing how I wire things up or any add on I used I am just not sharing my written code. I just have not posted any wiring diagrams or anything like that cause frankly I don't have any right now lol

Also I feel if I share my code and everything then its really not a DIY either its more of "I Do It For You"
Understood and excellent job you doing there, at the least it would be a motivation and inspiration to someone looking to do the same.
I write quite few DIYs for engine and transmission rebuilding and when someone doesn't have the details it can get messy not as much here I would think. Keep the updates coming [emoji4]

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other way to look at it is if you put it in git, there's also the likelihood of folks sending PR's to you, which results in enhanced code for all involved.

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood and excellent job you doing there, at the least it would be a motivation and inspiration to someone looking to do the same.
I write quite few DIYs for engine and transmission rebuilding and when someone doesn't have the details it can get messy not as much here I would think. Keep the updates coming [emoji4]

Oh I agree it can get messy without proper documents.

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool - didn't mean anything offensive by it, just thought it may be a new acronym I wasn't familiar with. I work in IT and my life is buried in acronyms and I can't always keep up :)
None taken. I work in IT as well and many times I type quicker than I should. Also I don't always read over what I typed like I should lol.

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys here some small updates to my controller. Still working on these options but wanted to share what I have already.

I added a popup to the water parm issues. Right now it just popup saying if is either high or low and to take steps to fix the issue. I do plan on adding steps on how to solve those issues but still researching that first.
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 7.34.43 AM.png

Well I have a silly issue where my cats hit the power switch to the strip that my wireless AP is connected to. This seems to make the raspberry pi lose connection to the network even after I power the AP back up. The way I been fixing the issue is by hard rebooting (hard rebooting means pulling the power) on my pi. I added a settings button (which I can access from the touch screen or my computer/phone) which brings me to different options. Right now I can see the network address for the wireless nic as well as the hardwire (if it was hooked up). I can also close the setting page as well as reboot the pi. I plan to add options for making changes to the quick buttons and anything else I may think of.
Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 7.36.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 7.36.17 AM.png

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys,
I been working on my system a little more and discovered I wasn't liking how some things were being done. To help out I decided I needed to handle the input of equipment into my system which will allow me to address some of my concerns with other sections I been looking at. This is how I am handling the inputing of equipment to their tank. I have this as a hidden div which uses AJAX to display (when "List of equipment" is clicked) which then pulls another PHP file (the table of equipment) into that div. You don't need to 'close' the equipment list to change to another tank; just clicking the "list of equipment" will change the list. The close button is for hiding the div. Please note some of those dates are not correct. I am also going to add "edit" and "delete" to the equipment as well. I might change the "type" text box to a drop down list with set options.

I also added "water type" to the tank information. This is to allow another option I will be working on (which will set a "profile" for the tank based off the water type. The profile will be editable but it would be a starting point.

Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 10.43.02 AM.png

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who had to reset time/schedules on their equipment this morning? The only thing I had to reset was my Kessil controller for the A360w. All equipment connected to my controller was auto adjusted to the new time. Hopefully one day I can get the 360 moved over to my controller.

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys. I have some equipment I would like to add to my system on my Christmas wish list. I figure I should start documenting my wiring and what not of this project. I figure it would be good for my records but also I been ask to provide a wiring diagram. This is what I have so far. Any questions feel free to ask me.

wireing.jpg

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I updated this thread. I am going to try and keep this one alive so as I update the one on NJRC site I will update this one:

So this morning I woke up to a low temp alarm for my tank (alert displayed on my phone), my tank dipped from 77 to 71 over the course of 5 hours. As I was getting up I thought to myself - great my heater took a dump. I came out into the living room, where my tank is, and noticed my fuge wasn't running. I have a HOB fuge and my heater is in the fuge. Last night I was working on new code for my macro buttons and it must had messed up and left my fuge pump off all night. To make matter worst I also discovered my jabeos power heads never exited out of feed mode.
I got my fuge running again and the temp is slowly rising again. I have my power heads running again as well. My tank was not without circulation because of my in-tank filter (which right now has no filter in it) was still running so I did still have movement across the top of the tank. Hopefully everything will continue to run as they are now and later tonight I can work on that code some more.

OP
OP
njtiger aquariums

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it is. Once I got my temp sensor the first thing I did (after getting it to read the temp) was to set up the alert. I wanted to make sure I got the alerts so I have it send an email plus a push notification (via push bullet) to my phone

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back