E5 led/T5 lighting

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only because I showed how flawed you criticism is. And since you have left this thread, no sense replying!
Ok curious, are you a member of Euro staff? If so, then you have a realistic input. If not, you need to butt out and not be a troll, because my discussion was not directed at you in the slightest. If you are, then you need to not masquerade as a normal layperson with your side bar comments. And your just harassing to be honest... It was between a customer and a mfg.. Plain and simple..

I could care less what you think about my criticism.. And this isn't going to be a popcorn moment, because I'm not going to play little forum games.. Go play them with someone else..

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Greg!
Can you share your thoughts on the 660 ballast?
Just a general question as I have been rebuilding these for quite some time.
Are they outdated drivers?
Thanks Greg and nice to see you here!
And your soo sad. Lol.. I knew you'd crawl from up under a rock about that calcium tester video that you couldn't produce(along with your algea infested tank that you tried to call me out on, and you couldn't say a word once you saw my tank compared to yours)sooner or later.. Come on.. Be a man and just let it go.. Don't try and "sidebar" in and get a little dig dude.. Lol..

Especially on this..

Bottom line: Euro, you know exactly what I'm saying, and you know it's valid and sound.. If you want to discuss with me over pm and then maybe a call, as to the options from this point, fine. If not, just know, I have my receipts,I have screen grabs(of your statements), and I also have the associated dates.. You indeed are liable and responsible..

Anyone else, who really cares...

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They work fine in ati sunpower fixtures. They work fine in all t5 ho ballasts, just not the IC ballasts that were originally designed for vho. Been running them since Jan on an ati sunpower fixture and they work well.
That's not true. On their website they clearly state that the bulbs don't work on the giesemann razor t5 retro which uses Philips advanced centiums. Kinda funny since those are the best T5 ballasts on the market today.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not true. On their website they clearly state that the bulbs don't work on the giesemann razor t5 retro which uses Philips advanced centiums. Kinda funny since those are the best T5 ballasts on the market today.

Well I have been corrected, I did not know that. What is the reason behind this? I get the IC ballast as its for VHO's but not sure I understand the centium reason.

httorihanzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a mod should delete Damon's posts on this thread. They offered to assist with a refund and yet he continues to whine like a 5 year old child. (they should delete this off topic post also, to be fair). I'm trying to follow this thread because I am interested in the performance, color, and growth of these bulbs.

Damon, a company is not liable for their product not working with another manufacture product. They are not responsible for testing out your ballast either. They produced and released something new to the market. Every time that happens in this hobby there are compatibility risks involved. You took the risk and now your torching this company who has tried and offered to assist you and on top of that you’re arguing with other people posting about prior issues.

The moment they offered to help you with a refund you should have accepted it.

If it was between customer and manufacture you wouldn’t be positing in a public thread. Grow up, its time to move on.

ksc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you should delete this crap too, nothing could be further from the truth. I bet these led tubes will be off the market within a year. They'll cook themselves, further diminishing there dismal par output.....

"Damon, a company is not liable for their product not working with another manufacture product. They are not responsible for testing out your ballast either. They produced and released something new to the market. Every time that happens in this hobby there are compatibility risks involved. You took the risk and now your torching this company who has tried and offered to assist you and on top of that you’re arguing with other people posting about prior issues".

"

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the most popular "ballast" now? Not an ati fixture, but those of us that this product was supposedly targeted at(the retro and full fixture people)? I have a full set of led with a tank full of sps.. These are supplemental..

And I see that the mfg responded to others, but did not address my question.. The thing is, I like the bulbs, and I like my ballast.. My issue is with testing, as I beta tested and helped develop for two companies for over ten years.

A product would never have gone to market and then a couple months later, to come back and say "oh, we didn't test it, but your setup is wrong that we didn't specify or test up front". And then to say, deal with the hassle of returning the product, buying a new product, waiting for a refund(that I really don't want because I want the product I was promised), or buy another product to make our "untested product work"(as suggested by an obvious fan who doesn't know what a bold font is) as we boasted and claimed is preposterous.. That is inconvenient to the customer.. Who's to say, another 3 months down the line, something else that wasn't tested, goes wrong.. And I would never have been part of a team that ever did that..

If there was anything of that nature that happened they had the integrity to say "hey, our mistake and we will honor the warranty at time of purchase".. That is what I meant by shoddy, as that is the level of service I give and expect. And I realize, not everyone is customer oriented, but instead dollar and initial sale driven..

But it's fine.. The thing is, there are tons of start up companies and products.. Many of them fail.. Do I wish it on anyone, no.. But karma is something else.. And there is word of mouth and the review system.. I am the first on my local forum(and a few groups that I am a member of) that has these bulbs, and it's simple.. It just happened that some people asked on my threads, as I had just updated my system pictures, and I simply told my experience.. I told the truth.. I will do the same with anyone that asks me, and in my reviews.. I'm not lying and not embellishing...

So trust me, it's fine.. I will chalk it off to a learning lesson . And if/when they fail, it will just be an instance that a company didn't go the extra mile to correct their mistakes. I haven't run into any before, but hey, there's a first time for everything.. I will eat the 200.00..

I have spoken my peace and I will leave the thread as ignored..

Damon,
We have responded to your post(s) and will continue to (albeit with a consistent, responsible message). I understand that the answer was not what you expected or hoped for, but we have worked hard to be very up front about the application of our product and we are willing to go to bat for customers when it comes to returns in situations like this. But companies don't give warranty for products that are used outside an intended application. And while this may be a grey area, it does fall outside our claims.

You ask for us to honor the warranty... how else would you have us do that? We have indicated the lamps will fail over time and the only solution is a refund at the time of failure and we can't ask a shop to do that 6-12 months down the road. We also can't replace the lamps, and keeping doing so, for the life of a configuration they are not intended for (that would be crazy for a company to do when they've clearly stated the issue). That is why we want you to get the service you should get, NOW, not then! Because personally, I don't see how we can better serve you as a customer!?!?!?! We want to get a head of the failure and frustration for you. I'm not sure, as a company, what more we can say/do to solve this for you. You are very welcome to email us (info[at]euroquatics.com) for the assistance we've offered and we'll respond as needed to deliver on our offer!

Thank you,
Scott
Euroquatics

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok curious, are you a member of Euro staff? If so, then you have a realistic input. If not, you need to butt out and not be a troll, because my discussion was not directed at you in the slightest. If you are, then you need to not masquerade as a normal layperson with your side bar comments. And your just harassing to be honest... It was between a customer and a mfg.. Plain and simple..

I could care less what you think about my criticism.. And this isn't going to be a popcorn moment, because I'm not going to play little forum games.. Go play them with someone else..
No, I am not some secret employee of Euroquatics. My name is Greg Carroll. I don't hide behind some internet screen name. I have nothing to hide. Also grow up and stop with the name calling. I am also sorry you feel offended by me stating my opinion on your issues but it is clear that I am not alone in my opinion. You have the right to your opinion and I want you to know that I respect that. That does not however mean that I have to agree with it! If it were between a between a customer and a mfg, you would have sent Euroquatics a private email. So don't come on hear trying to portray that you were not looking for support in your opinion!

I may not be as accomplished a reefer as you (I see you are into those high end SPS), but that is no reason to talk down to me. Euroquatics produced a product that may not be for all. They do however offer a product that some people my want. Some people may actually want to add that LED pop without DIY retrofitting their existing fixture. Some may not like the look of a strip light bolted on the end of their premium fixture. And believe it or not, some people may not be obsessed with PAR as it is just one aspect of success in this hobby. Chasing numbers seems to be the thing that makes this hobby harder than it needs to be. Relax and enjoy! It's only a hobby!

I may not know much about this hobby but forums are a place to learn and debating opinions is part of that learning process. I know from past experience that my signature alone really disturbs those who it's aimed at. Could it be that you feel that it is aimed directly at you? If so you and anyone else that takes it that way are correct! Happy reefing. :)

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet these led tubes will be off the market within a year.
I'll take that bet! How much would you care to wager? Put your money where your mouth is. We can have Rev hold the money and mail it to me next year on this date!

Is that crickets I hear?

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you should delete this crap too, nothing could be further from the truth. I bet these led tubes will be off the market within a year. They'll cook themselves, further diminishing there dismal par output.....

"Damon, a company is not liable for their product not working with another manufacture product. They are not responsible for testing out your ballast either. They produced and released something new to the market. Every time that happens in this hobby there are compatibility risks involved. You took the risk and now your torching this company who has tried and offered to assist you and on top of that you’re arguing with other people posting about prior issues".

"

I believe they will be around in a year. Euroquatics seems to have great customer service imo, much better than quite a few others out there. As far as the par output goes I knew it wouldn't be as high as a top end t5 bulb in a top end t5 fixture, but when I took measurements before and after the par barely moved(two blue + replaced by two blue pop in an 8x80w sunpower). I also think many people are moving to these as you don't have to bolt on some DIY led supplement.....like I use to have. These are much more ascetically pleasing. Now, I will say I would never move to all e5's as to me that defeats the purpose of having a t5 fixture and I believe t5's are much better at keeping corals vs led, which is another debate.

ksc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they will be around in a year. Euroquatics seems to have great customer service imo, much better than quite a few others out there. As far as the par output goes I knew it wouldn't be as high as a top end t5 bulb in a top end t5 fixture, but when I took measurements before and after the par barely moved(two blue + replaced by two blue pop in an 8x80w sunpower). I also think many people are moving to these as you don't have to bolt on some DIY led supplement.....like I use to have. These are much more ascetically pleasing. Now, I will say I would never move to all e5's as to me that defeats the purpose of having a t5 fixture and I believe t5's are much better at keeping corals vs led, which is another debate.

You could be right, look how long power compacts have been around...

I'm pretty skeptical of their internet presence and unsubstantiated claims. I mean they post nice par graphics of their "high end" led lights but are "working on" getting the numbers out on their new pop bulbs. These led tubes have come and gone with other manufacturers, I've seen no reason to believe these will be any different.

See if you can find the warranty info on their site. I couldn't. Maybe you have to actually buy a bulb to see the warranty. I have a pair of VHO actinics that are about 5 years old running on my tank about 4 hrs a day. Their warranty could be meaningless....

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could be right, look how long power compacts have been around...

I'm pretty skeptical of their internet presence and unsubstantiated claims. I mean they post nice par graphics of their "high end" led lights but are "working on" getting the numbers out on their new pop bulbs. These led tubes have come and gone with other manufacturers, I've seen no reason to believe these will be any different.

See if you can find the warranty info on their site. I couldn't. Maybe you have to actually buy a bulb to see the warranty. I have a pair of VHO actinics that are about 5 years old running on my tank about 4 hrs a day. Their warranty could be meaningless....
What claims are unsubstantiated? Several PAR numbers have been reported by actual users of the product. You are skeptical of the company yet you want them to produce numbers as if you will believe them over your actual peers who are using them? Is this what you are saying?

Also please show examples of LED tubes like this. Or is your claim unsubstantiated?

Last edited:

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
come on guy this is getting a little out of hand. Lets keeps this focused on actual data and experiences and hopefully members on here can learn something from it.

erichatesmice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to update my experience with this bulb. I previously mentioned I had problems with these bulbs in my ATI Sunpower fixture. I originally purchased 3 Blue Pops for my 6-Bulb Sunpower Dimmable and had dimming problems with using all three. Most critically, they would not manually start up and I would have to shut down and restart the fixture each day. I solved the problem temporarily by placing 2 bulbs on their own channel (and thus not using my 3rd at all). This worked fine for a few days and then I had a problem where the bulbs would not dim under 20%. I lent them to a friend who has a Sunpower fixture as well. Strangely enough he had problems with his fixture that were different from mine. Unfortunately for now they are sitting in storage. I absolutely love the color on these but hopefully gen 2 will have more consistent compatibility with Sunpower fixtures.

Just as a reference, here's the link to my earlier post (with pic):
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/e5-led-t5-lighting.232094/page-6#post-2754581

Last edited:

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also have experienced the 1 channel of my ATI 8 bulb, where I have the Blue Pop and Warm Daylight, not turning on when scheduled through my Apex, so each day I turn that channel of and then back on and they start right up.

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Damon, I wanted to respond here as well as my email...

We got your email and have also emailed MD. They are the company that needs to do the return as they are the company that did the sell. We all know Marine Depot has a great history and reputation of customer service and I can't imagine they wouldn't take of a customer's return (as your request did come within their 60 day window!) We have encouraged them to do just that in our correspondence to one of their top guys.

And while they are correct, we no longer sell Euroquatics products to them, products they sold have a grandfather period for returns (60 days by their policy) and because their policy is clearly posted on the site I think they have a legal obligation to take care of you. But, again, they have great service and I suspect the issue will be resolved quickly.

~Scott

ccthao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little disappointed Marine Depot won't be restocking the E5 bulbs. Why did Euroaquatics stop using Marine depot as a distributor? I can't find another reliable source in the US to order the E5 bulbs from.

Back