E5 led/T5 lighting

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquariumspecialty.com sells them
Indeed and they are getting more stock as we speak! ;)

We will also be announcing a few more large online outlets very soon!

As far as MD... They are a long standing business with a great reputation and we have lots of great friends there! But sometimes, changes in business happen and two companies mutually agree to move on. We're very excited for all the new things in the pipeline for Euroqautics ;) and the great partnerships that we have now and will be announcing in the coming weeks!

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euroqautics, I am interested in the blue pop E5 bulbs. I am looking for a bulb that will make my tank glow like my AI sol's did. I recently switched back to an ATI dimmable 6 bulb fixture over my new 75 gallon build. Its been 10 plus years since I used halides and t5 's and I have to say the thing I miss most is that royal blue glow that I like to run before and after my main lights are on. Pictures are very misleading as of right now I am running 2 ati actinic , 3 blue plus and a Fiji purple. when I take a picture of my tank its very blue , but in person its very white with a blue tint. Just looking for that 450 nm blue glow , would these do the trick?

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euroqautics, I am interested in the blue pop E5 bulbs. I am looking for a bulb that will make my tank glow like my AI sol's did. I recently switched back to an ATI dimmable 6 bulb fixture over my new 75 gallon build. Its been 10 plus years since I used halides and t5 's and I have to say the thing I miss most is that royal blue glow that I like to run before and after my main lights are on. Pictures are very misleading as of right now I am running 2 ati actinic , 3 blue plus and a Fiji purple. when I take a picture of my tank its very blue , but in person its very white with a blue tint. Just looking for that 450 nm blue glow , would these do the trick?

The simple answer... YES!

Here's just a couple Blue Pop on a T5 tank. (we turned off all the other lamps for this picture).

12661969_879347805505329_1454400814397928195_n.jpg

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW a user has reported no power savings when using the E5 bulbs on a kill-a-watt. He seems to be the first one to actually verify if the power claims are real. The fixture is ATI which is not on the list Euro has for compatibility issues. 0% difference on the kill-a-watt in power draw vs ATI bulbs.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24487802&postcount=1

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ksc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW a user has reported no power savings when using the E5 bulbs on a kill-a-watt. He seems to be the first one to actually verify if the power claims are real. The fixture is ATI which is not on the list Euro has for compatibility issues. 0% difference on the kill-a-watt in power draw vs ATI bulbs.

I read that post too. Interesting how poorly these cheap led tubes did in the par comparison compared to one year old t5 tubes. I can't believe someone would actually put these in an ATI fixture. I think they would be best used by someone who bought a cheapo ebay t5, which burn out the t5 bulbs rather quickly. If I wanted some "blue pop" I'd simply add a couple real led strips to the side of my fixture.

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that post too. Interesting how poorly these cheap led tubes did in the par comparison compared to one year old t5 tubes. I can't believe someone would actually put these in an ATI fixture. I think they would be best used by someone who bought a cheapo ebay t5, which burn out the t5 bulbs rather quickly. If I wanted some "blue pop" I'd simply add a couple real led strips to the side of my fixture.

Why not? The manufacturer has been promoting these tubes heavily as complete replacements to traditional T5 bulbs while using a lot less power and last a lot longer. So far none of their claims seem to be true yet I still see people recommending them like they are the best thing since sliced bread. So they make your corals glow? Guess what? A $10 sticky light strip from Amazon does the same exact thing. People can't seem to get this though.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wooooooo , slow your roll. First off, I didn't read that article , but thank you ill check it out. Secondly ..... see first off. I was planning on adding led strips to the fixture , but if I could have gotten away with adding one of these with little or no difference ....done deal , cleaner look .

ksc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Marine Depot dropped this product after promoting it for quite awhile. That's not good.....

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Interesting read. Couple of things , comparing these bulbs to ATI blue plus is Apples to oranges. Blue plus are known for their high par values, yes the bulbs are 14 months old . How long were they run ? You will find other reports of testing T5 bulbs par values , I've seen reports that people post show significant par values drop after the first few months then only a slight decrease on a bulb tested up to 14 months later. Color shift of the bulb concerns me more than the drop in par. The things that gets me are the electrical draw and the fact that you have to tinker with the bulb to turn on when the fixture turns on. that alone would make me look elsewhere.

httorihanzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering dropping 2 into a 24" ATI Dimmable. I'd put them on their own channel and run at 100%. Are there still issues with ATI dimmable fixtures?

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two of them ATI led power module "dimmable" no issues.
only issue is that they don't dim. I believe they are coming out with a new version that is 25% brighter and a sturdier heat sink for those that have the longer lengths with sagging issues. I would wait for the new version if you really want these.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering dropping 2 into a 24" ATI Dimmable. I'd put them on their own channel and run at 100%. Are there still issues with ATI dimmable fixtures?
I have one in a giesemann spectra with no problems. It really does add a bunch of pop, tests exactly the same as a blue+ with an apex par meter. You may however want to wait a few weeks for the E5X (or something like that) as the redesigned the bulb by stiffening the heat sink and changing to lenses rather than a defuser. Good article on reefbuilders about it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back