E5 led/T5 lighting

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually did recieve mine today.. Very, very very blue color.. Now, I need to purchase a third to rid the tank of the like color from the actinic in the back..

But I am extremely satisfied!

uploadfromtaptalk1456247662100.jpg

Sounds like Marine Depot took care of you then? Their customer service is top notch. Mistakes happen with any company ... its how they correct them.

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like Marine Depot took care of you then? Their customer service is top notch. Mistakes happen with any company ... its how they correct them.
Actually yes they did.. They were honestly correct in the shipping "all of a sudden" showing up on ups tracking. This is the first time that I have ever had this happen, and the package arrived on time..

And yes, this is very true.. How things are corrected makes a massive difference.. And I admit, I learned something new on this one..

And by the way, love the bulbs! My runs are long, so I see the sag in one of the bulbs (this particular reflector doesn't have a clip in the center), but the light that are putting out is perfect (for my purpose at least)..

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put one blue pop in my 8 bulb ATI and left it in the fixture for 1week. I started to bleach all of my high end chalices. I will not be using this bulb anymore.

That is completely different than any testing we've seen, also, a single Blue Pop would not change the total fixture output enough to have that affect on it's own... Can you give more data about the fixtures, number and type of lamps, lamp age, etc?

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked out very well with ATI bulbs.
The lamps may have been degraded enough that the light output wasn't as intense. (Just one thought). But again, adding a single Blue Pop should not have that affect. If you would have change all your lamps at the same time the new T5s could have been over powering? How many lamps have you changed in the last 1-2 weeks?

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which series of the white light do you guys like? Or are you both running the blue pops? I'm thinking the cool day light for my next row. I have 4 rows total so, I have room to play around with the bulbs. I think one row of blue pops is sufficient.
We're also expecting the new Blue Daylight lamps here at the office for testing in about 3 weeks or so along with the Marine Pink! The options will all depend on what you're looking for in color!

We'll be posting more videos on color mixing once those lamps get in.

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 8 bulb ATI with 2 cool white and one blue pop so far.no problems at all.my fixture is about 20" above the waterline and everything is doing great ( including my chalice at the bottom)these fixtures put out a ton of light.I would like a fix for the sag on the 60s though

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 8 bulb ATI with 2 cool white and one blue pop so far.no problems at all.my fixture is about 20" above the waterline and everything is doing great ( including my chalice at the bottom)these fixtures put out a ton of light.I would like a fix for the sag on the 60s though
The fix is coming! We expect the clips to be here soon and we're working on the other part also. We are def working on this for you guys!!!

Once we announce the fix is in and confirmed, we'll have them sent to our US sales manager and he'll start getting addresses to get them sent out!

httorihanzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a retrofit system that wouldn't have a way to support sagging bulbs. As soon as that issue is fixed I will be buying a few.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put one blue pop in my 8 bulb ATI and left it in the fixture for 1week. I started to bleach all of my high end chalices. I will not be using this bulb anymore.

This is very odd as changing one bulb out of 8 should not change enough of the spectrum or intensity to harm anything. If it were 3 or 4 e5 replacements I could see it but not just 1. I changed 2 of 8 to the blue plus e5's in my ati fixture and have seen zero effect to sps, zoa or lps.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very odd as changing one bulb out of 8 should not change enough of the spectrum or intensity to harm anything. If it were 3 or 4 e5 replacements I could see it but not just 1. I changed 2 of 8 to the blue plus e5's in my ati fixture and have seen zero effect to sps, zoa or lps.
Agree, what else happened in the tank in that week.. Correlation doesn't equal causation. I would like more info about age of the t5 bulbs, parameters tanks running over that week, how long chalice were in tank, media changes, etc.

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a retrofit system that wouldn't have a way to support sagging bulbs. As soon as that issue is fixed I will be buying a few.
The sag is very slight. And depending on the reflectors you use they may provide the support to reduce the sag almost all the way. The clips we testing are similar to the clips that hold on your reflectors.

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get this result because we don't mix and match LEDs we have custom designed the phosphor the actual LED (no other LED company is doing this level of R&D and actually developing LEDs at this level). While we don't make the LED die, we do design and have the LEDs custom built for us based on our spectral targets/goals.

I don't believe this is an accurate statement for Euroquatics to make. Kessil a sibling company of DiCon develops their own proprietary leds and phosphors and their reputation for spectrum is well known in the LED industry and this hobby. Don't get us wrong, we understand the need to protect your product, however, the majority of the people who are displaying interest in spectral data/par are doing so for a reason.

We understand you are trying to reach a certain t-5 to LED conversion market, however the majority of the backlash you are receiving is coming from people well educated in LED and artificial lighting and are simply trying to make quantitative decisions to determine the best solutions for their reef needs. Please also don't forget that a good chunk of the members on this forum are well educated engineers, scientists, and professionals in the technology world. Making statements without backing up with concrete data will not win favor of these potential consumers of your product.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
59106934cfad437c659db6a9096d775d.jpg

c32eb934ad08c3c9d7e42806b0663ddf.jpg

Coral extension is fantastic, and so far I am very happy with the results, color and overall look of the following combo:

Blue+ x 6
Blue Pop LED
Warm Daylight LED

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen a tank with a reefbrite xho strip and it looked killer. I'm considering replacing my two actinic bulbs with two e5 blue pops. How do you think they'd compare to the RB XHO as far as "pop"?

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although they dont give that LED shimmer, the POP is HUGE over anything a ATI Blue+ would give you. I had customer's yesterday saying WOW when I showed them my tank with just the 2 Blue Pop's on. It'll make all your corals look stunning.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although they dont give that LED shimmer, the POP is HUGE over anything a ATI Blue+ would give you. I had customer's yesterday saying WOW when I showed them my tank with just the 2 Blue Pop's on. It'll make all your corals look stunning.

Perfect! Thank you for the response!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back