E5 led/T5 lighting

moidol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a reply I guess Im out of luck.

No, the lamps only work with office T5HO ballast, the 660 is known to damage the E5 lamps.

Scott

EUROQUATICS

[email protected]

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a reply I guess Im out of luck.

No, the lamps only work with office T5HO ballast, the 660 is known to damage the E5 lamps.

Scott

EUROQUATICS

[email protected]
What? The icecap660 does? That would have between nice to know prior to purchase.. These bulbs aren't cheap and neither is the ballast..

Polyp Addict

Got Polyps?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also experienced 2 of my chalices and 2 of my favias getting "burned" bleached areas after adding two blue pops on my ATI fixture. I put them in a more shaded area and seem to have recovered, never seen it happen before I added the blue pop bulbs. I do like the bulbs, but have now just used them as dusk/dawn lights instead of with the rest of my 4 bulbs together. I have seen improvements with their color coming back and I don't have to hide in the shade anymore.

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There goes me trying them! [emoji17]
Yeah.. I'm bummed that a big red "no can't be used with these ballasts" was not posted.. Counting the ballast and bulbs, I've got close to 400.00 wrapped up in their system.. The only thing I can do at this point is wait and see, because that was "NOT" something that was stated up front..

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with ATI's using over driven ballasts it would seem that would be the case? Hopefully the manufacturer will chime in as this is information that should have been provided from the onset on here and more importantly in advertisement if there were any incompatibilities with customer owned equipment.

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with ATI's using over driven ballasts it would seem that would be the case? Hopefully the manufacturer will chime in as this is information that should have been provided from the onset on here and more importantly in advertisement if there were any incompatibilities with customer owned equipment.
I couldn't agree more..

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is crappy they dosnt bother to mention at all that certain fixtures that use ballast to overdrive bulbs are a no go for E5 upgrade. So many people have to be ticked about this.

ColaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these work with the ATI Sunpower ballasts?
I have a friend who tried these on a Giesemann fixture and they broke his Giesemann ballasts.

ColaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did euroquatics replace the ballasts?
He just switched to LEDs :)
He said Giesemann ballasts are a pain in the butt to replace.
He still using the Blue Pops as supplements. He bought some cheaper single T5 light fixtures from amazon and they work fine with the Blue Pops.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back