Eightline Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus octotaenia)

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anybody on R2R has experience with these. A big group of people had some come in recently with little luck on survival, and now I'm excited to find out that LA has them for cheap. If anybody has been looking for these they are now available at LiveAquaria for $89.99. Check him out:

p-90184-Eightline-Fairy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$90? We got robbed.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm happy to pay the premium for a female as they generally aren't available but now the male is available for a third of the price. Its incredible.

I ordered a male already and requested a large male since I have the female already.

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really a very pretty fish. I hope everyone has better luck with these then the last batch people ordered...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are very nice fish. on the aggressive side for flashers. SuperMales are really fun to watch when flashing. :)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd share some pics of my girl in QT as I finally got some decent shots:

DSC_3428.jpg

DSC_3425.jpg

DSC_3420.jpg

And my favorite:

DSC_3423.jpg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin.

My female is still in QT but was thinking about putting her in the DT this weekend. What are your thoughts on keeping her in for the arrival of the male next Friday? Would they do better pairing up in the QT or do you think I should go ahead and have her in the DT before the male and they can find each other in the 220?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marvin.

My female is still in QT but was thinking about putting her in the DT this weekend. What are your thoughts on keeping her in for the arrival of the male next Friday? Would they do better pairing up in the QT or do you think I should go ahead and have her in the DT before the male and they can find each other in the 220?
I think it's better if you just wait. that way, they'll be introduced together. I hope that the female stays female for yah though. I owned a trio before but the females ended up being males too after a few months. I dunno man, it's really tough to keep flasher & fairy wrasse females. they always seem to turn male on me every time. LoL.

I actually pulled the trigger on one too. thanks for the heads up. I'm sure they'll show up at my LFS now that I ordered online and paid for shipping. hahaha.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's better if you just wait. that way, they'll be introduced together. I hope that the female stays female for yah though. I owned a trio before but the females ended up being males too after a few months. I dunno man, it's really tough to keep flasher & fairy wrasse females. they always seem to turn male on me every time. LoL.

I actually pulled the trigger on one too. thanks for the heads up. I'm sure they'll show up at my LFS now that I ordered online and paid for shipping. hahaha.

Thanks. I hope she stays female as well...otherwise I'll have two males...one I paid 89.99 for and one I paid 199.99 for, haha.

I will probably keep in her QT and get her eating pellets more to help with that dorsal fin that's messed up a bit which you can see in the pics.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I hope she stays female as well...otherwise I'll have two males...one I paid 89.99 for and one I paid 199.99 for, haha.

I will probably keep in her QT and get her eating pellets more to help with that dorsal fin that's messed up a bit which you can see in the pics.
sounds good. man, you're tank is coming along nicely.

did you see the trio of Lunatus at DD? I'm very surprised they're still there.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good. man, you're tank is coming along nicely.

did you see the trio of Lunatus at DD? I'm very surprised they're still there.

Yeah, I saw them but somebody on RC can get me a pair for $400. They don't impress me that much honestly, but they are a nice looking wrasse. Maybe I just haven't seen one in person to appreciate it.

Right now I have plenty of wrasses but am going to start focusing on the top 10 list before I get too many, haha. There are still a few other fish I want in the tank as well, such as a Blueface Angel.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I pulled the trigger also. My last experience with them only lasted a day. I feel much better ordering from Liveaquaria.
I just hope they aren't really aggressive. My earls and johnsoni's aren't that big, and if they get harrassed, he's out of there.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the trigger also. My last experience with them only lasted a day. I feel much better ordering from Liveaquaria.
I just hope they aren't really aggressive. My earls and johnsoni's aren't that big, and if they get harrassed, he's out of there.
1smile1

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brett got one yesterday...looking forward to seeing pictures of his.

Can't wait to see what other fish come in this year.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brett got one yesterday...looking forward to seeing pictures of his.

Can't wait to see what other fish come in this year.
looking forward to 2012 fishies! :wink:

that's it! I'm not spending anymore until next year! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's it! I'm not spending anymore until next year! :bigsmile:

Pfft...I said that weeks and multiple orders ago :) My latest order really worked out though as I got 3 fish and cucumbers, including the male 8 line, for the price I paid for the 1st male eightline that didn't make it.

It really stinks for the first male, but it worked out well for my wallet

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pfft...I said that weeks and multiple orders ago :) My latest order really worked out though as I got 3 fish and cucumbers, including the male 8 line, for the price I paid for the 1st male eightline that didn't make it.

It really stinks for the first male, but it worked out well for my wallet
it's always heart breaking when you lose awesome fish.

minhvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That went fast. LA out already. Glad I got one

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back