Eightline Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus octotaenia)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure yet. They always keep me guessing. I know for sure a big male and a big male roseyscale. DJ is calling me this morning when Hawaii wakes up. LOL

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We love your collection of clowns and anemones. We tried to get our pair of A. ocellaris clowns to host an rbta, but gave up after 3 months. They just are not going to give up their paly home, LOL!
Thank you. :)

it's been a fun ride so far with the clownfish/anemone tank. I decided to take a break from a regular reef since I've been doing it since early 2000's. LoL

Marvin, you know you can't resist the craving for wrasses.:tongue:
still have a Rhomboid in there. hoping that it'll turn into a really really nice male like yours in a year or two. I might add an Earlei in there when I get the itch. LoL. I'll be watching you guys' tanks til then. having the clownfish/anemone tank is a little less stressful than having a full blown reef. just water change every other week. feed the BTA's every other day (will be once/week when they get big enough). and that's pretty much it. I get busy during the summer months so I think the switch is better for my schedule right now. but I'm sure in the future, I'll do a tank upgrade, hence will be able to get more fishes. ;)

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 4 of our new babes arrived safely and have been acclimated. The male is just gorgeous... He's a bit stressed right now and I'm sure his internal clock is still in another time zone. The ladies are very alert and investigating the new condo. We'll try and get some pics later today or tomorrow. I don't want to stress them.

I think it's time for a nap, LOL. I was so excited and anxious last night that I didn't get a wink of sleep. :wink:

-Terry

Last edited:

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 4 of our new babes arrived safely and have been acclimated. The male is just gorgeous... He's a bit stressed right now and I'm sure his internal clock is still in another time zone. The ladies are very alert and investigating the new condo. We'll try and get some pics later today or tomorrow. I don't want to stress them.

I think it's time for a nap, LOL. I was so excited and anxious last night that I didn't get a wink of sleep. :wink:

-Terry
:hammer:

oh the joy of new arrivals. 1smile1

congrats again. looking forward to seeing some pics... and possibly some vids? :wink:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they got there safely Terry, can't wait to see them.

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they got there safely Terry, can't wait to see them.
Thanks Brett!

Pictures Terry, Mike,,,, I need some inspiration..:bigsmile:
Been working on them, LOL.

LoL Brad... just walk over your tank and finding inspiration shouldn't be a problem... :wink:
bahahaaah... so true!

As Brad requested, we've got some pics - please excuse the poor quality... The male is sleeping in one of the pvc pipes, so we've only got pics of the girls:

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! Those pics are better than any pics I can take of my fish. I need some lessons from you guys!

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, those are some of the nicest looking females I've seen. All the others I've seen are a pinkish color. Glad they arrived in good shape :)

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do look more orange-pink with actinic lighting. Ours was off.

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahah.... Thanks Brad! We can't wait to see pics of your new aquisitions when you get them on Saturday. We just checked on our new babes and the two smallest ladies decided to cozy up with the male in his pvc condo, LOL.

texsun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice females!

My second male from PIA is coming next week. I originally told myself i wan't going to fall for one of the XL males. They sat there unbought the whole night and through the morning and then mid-day PST the wrasse fanatics woke up and there was only one left. Had to pull the trigger!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice females!

My second male from PIA is coming next week. I originally told myself i wan't going to fall for one of the XL males. They sat there unbought the whole night and through the morning and then mid-day PST the wrasse fanatics woke up and there was only one left. Had to pull the trigger!

:hammer:

congrats though. I'm sure the XL 8 line will be a nice addition. :)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd update you guys. Many of you know that I transferred ich from my QT to my DT. Since I'm going to run hypo in my DT, I figured that I'd acclimate my 8 lines into my DT when I got the salinity fairly close. I moved them in last night and they are doing great. Both of the 8 lines are swimming around on the "wrasse" side of the tank, eating well, and there is no aggression from the other wrasses.

The bigger female is more red than she was when I first got her, and the smaller one is definitely still a female.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd update you guys. Many of you know that I transferred ich from my QT to my DT. Since I'm going to run hypo in my DT, I figured that I'd acclimate my 8 lines into my DT when I got the salinity fairly close. I moved them in last night and they are doing great. Both of the 8 lines are swimming around on the "wrasse" side of the tank, eating well, and there is no aggression from the other wrasses.

The bigger female is more red than she was when I first got her, and the smaller one is definitely still a female.
cool man. hope everything pulls through for yah.

any updates on the other guys that got 8 lines?

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glad to hear they are doing well. You'll have a full-on male in no time at all!

Sadly, we lost 2 XL males. The first one did not make it 24 hours, the second, less than 48. We really don't know what happened as both were beautiful specimens. On a good note, our trio of ladies from LA DD are doing really well and have inserted themselves into "the wrasse pack" without any issues. So we're just going to patiently wait for the largest female to morph into a nice healthy XL male.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back