Eliminate Aiptasia in Your Tank Naturally

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishnreef

100% Aquacultured - Help Us Conserve and Preserve
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nudibranch Berghia only consumes Aiptasia and nothing else!
They are the natural predators of Aiptasia Anemones. They reproduce and can eradicate the Aiptasia from your tank. Captive Grown.

We have 1/2" sized Berghia Nudibranchs available. Click Here!

Or copy and paste: http://www.fishnreef.com/bergia-nudibranch-aiptasia-eaters-p14533.html

How many? About 8 per 100 gallons for heavy infestation (50+ Aiptasia).

Buy 12 or more and get your Berghia delivered FedEx Overnight for Free!

Larger 1/2" bergia are better for high flow SPS tanks while smaller 1/4" bergia are fine for lower flow tanks. Large bergia will begin to lay eggs almost immediately in aquariums and consume Aiptasia more rapidly than smaller bergia.

Release the Berghia in a low flow area or switch off pumps as you release them. Do not release directly on Aiptasia. Place them nearby. They will find the Aiptasia.

While you can see Berghia during the lights on cycle, they are nocturnal predators and generally only eat when lights are out. Contact us if you have any questions.

REVIEWS:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fishnreef.162779/
http://reef2reef.com/threads/large-bergia-nudibrach-are-on-sale-limited-numbers.164769/#post-1917866
http://reef2reef.com/threads/wow.162677/#post-1898379

ISVldKJ23jgmW9gSchePm6416HAqF_dT8MSYykInjtqlA_1PkW1vzGckhsbEdimLimTEIMPD2muxLb27FJMHFTQSFzIdB-N2T25AzMPSYo5FxsOy-72cKUr1033ocaogURQlGxR2HltOAp9_cm-aXYOefddwUbtjk1C6Lar--aYa9AXfAviHBrpn-m9JUPSTLGsXMLnd745_bydvpXoBHhnhpwQbRONJKdDEsWuqETo4XRtkyp1iMmET8vCt3F9XRfI7crbbCyOltMwPSKWOBu2O7DaBgrOYk3gG6dtraeCt9cbcCf--K8sRg32dvlTLv9bJ2EG_FdgTDIujgmhDY_W3BLw0zGNdvFT1_w9YvoW7brsFsu217N1yWpP7rioL3-dziIQZWHzd-9QS5Xb_movvl343zr65lf52JqXyQ75mocJ-Dy5y9e5UeIgiZehWyi2DBjzqPswC68TMtPEzF452pTI1if9WlGF9yIfU6NHfKK7EcPxcJk9rcC5O2RnWWb6VPn8eScxEtNR-fF_kLygPs0YwrPeA0FAr_20orKBsOvWE6NcRdyIwwXSs_E0_ZHrHH2ou_EGBL23VULz25sqBmdhepw=w806-h736-no

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it proven that they only eat aiptasia? And what happens when it's all gone? You need to rehome them? I hear aiptasia spawns rapidly

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nano tanks with only like 5 aptisai between them (a 10g and 28g), so I don't think this would be a good idea in my case

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it proven that they only eat aiptasia? And what happens when it's all gone? You need to rehome them? I hear aiptasia spawns rapidly

I have a nano tanks with only like 5 aptisai between them (a 10g and 28g), so I don't think this would be a good idea in my case

They do eat only aptasia, once they clean your tank and no more aptasia a lot of times they die cause that's theirs source of food, but at that point who cares your tank will be clean. If you have only few it's still worth getting a couple before they multiply and then it becomes costly. The only thing I suggest is to be careful with them if you have high flow cause they don't like it. This is only my experience with them.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tusi,
Thanks for adding in that information. In most cases Berghia do not have any issues in both SPS or mixed tanks. Also, Aiptasia, like other anemones, tend to seek out areas which not high flow. When introducing Berghia, do so with the lights and pumps turned off, on rocks close to, but not on Aiptasia. Berghia are motile and will find the Aiptasia. Berghia will also avoid strong currents (which is why there are night modes for powerheads and conveniently Berghia are night predators).
If you are monitoring your tank like a hawk and find that it is Aiptasia free, you might be able to find and capture Berghia with the tank lights off and then transfer the Berghia to another hobbyist. Please keep in mind that there is a life/death cycle going on in your tank at all times with smaller creatures like pods and the like.
Thanks.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These little guys are great. Unfortunately, the aiptasia rebounds. The berghia make a noticeable attack on aiptasia and i will add it's very entertaining to watch! However, aiptasia is the best at creating little ones without the berghia noticing. I went the berghia route a while back and it cleaned my tank of aiptasia, noticeably. However, the resilient little anemones found a way out of the darkness back into the lime light. For me the cost of these little guys compared to success equals starting new tank with dry rock. They are super cute though! :)

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life cycle of berghia is 6-8 months. However, depending on the amount of aiptasia and the amount of berghia purchased, they will/can reproduce quite easily.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia can eradicate the Aiptasia, but there is a chance that a few Aiptasia will pop up. If this is the case, just knock these out with some kalk. The point of a natural solution like Berghia is you don't have to rip apart your rock, try all kinds of weird stuff and chemicals, disturb you tank (or the nitrates in the sand bed if you have one) and cause a lot of other issues and complications by using Berghia. They just go about their way munching down and eating Aiptasia day by day by themselves. And as reeferfox mentions...they are very cute. www.fishnreef.com

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We recommend a minimum of 3 and then 2 per 10 gallons for infestations. The starting 3 so that you have a viable pair in case one meets an untimely end.

Barring any hazards, a cluster of medium sized Berghia will eat 2-3 mid-sized aiptasia a day. The reduction in the Aiptasia may not be immediately evident as there are Aiptasia you can see and Aiptasia you don't. Once you have breeding Berghia, at somepoint, your Berghia population will reach a size that Aiptasia starts disappearing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back