ESV Release new B-ionic Trace Elements and Plus

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESV finally release two new products. B-ionic Transition Trace Elements and plus. Both seem to be adding a few elements and the other doing a little extra using some carbon. Both products looks like a way to help us control phosphates and nitrates and replacing important elements. I haven't heard much talk of late about these new products. I have seen my LFS carrying both products. Just wanted to hear from some people if they are using this. Main ingredient in the plus is vitamin C as Carbon.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vitamin C was quite trendy for a while a few years ago, but I do not know if it is any better than other carbon sources. Providing some trace elements that may become limiting with carbon dosing seems like a fine thing to try. The results may depend on other aspects of the aquarium and how much certain elements may become depleted.

ReefGuru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used the te+ on a few tanks with higher than normal nitrate. (50ppm) knocked it down in 3-4 weeks to 10ppm. I used a lighter dose. My personal display (560g ish) mixed reef has no3 around 5ppm usually so I use the regular Te. Noticable polyp extension.

Didn't do much for phosphate and I would not use the + on tanks with <10ppm no3

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys notice any cyano from the ESV? Vodka was always had for me to balance and I ended up with cyano all the tie. I've been using prodibio for years but it gets expensive. Just looking for an alternative carbon dosing / bacterial scheme. Does anyone dose bacteria with the esv?

OP
OP
Piranhapat

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys notice any cyano from the ESV? Vodka was always had for me to balance and I ended up with cyano all the tie. I've been using prodibio for years but it gets expensive. Just looking for an alternative carbon dosing / bacterial scheme. Does anyone dose bacteria with the esv?
I never got cyano with vodka or ESV. Might be that I have no sand bed. But theirs no need to add bacteria with ESV. They is bacteria in both trace elements. I still dose bacteria with water changes. Finally after some time nitrates are down. See if regular EVS can maintain it.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing 6ml daily in a 130g system maintaining 5ppm no3. I notice that my ph drops down from 8.0-7.9 or less from such a small amount. The tank is doing well, SPS fuzzy and growing though.

TheKyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more users since last year?
The biggest thing I noticed was my chaetomorhpa color and health improved, presumably from the iron it contains. It was a noticeable difference for me and for that reason I'm going to continue to use this product. I also initially had some cyano as a result of high nutrients when I started dosing.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back