Euroquatics LED Tube lights to replace traditional T5HO lamps!

Vaughn17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV has been around for a while in LED fixtures and it's fine you just can't run a lot of it

I'm no aquarium light expert, but I believe that the UV light emitted by T5s and halides is closer to actual UV light than the semi-UV diodes that most LEDs utilize. One thing I can state with certainty is that my corals, both LPS and SPS, prefer the T5.

nanoman28g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no aquarium light expert, but I believe that the UV light emitted by T5s and halides is closer to actual UV light than the semi-UV diodes that most LEDs utilize. One thing I can state with certainty is that my corals, both LPS and SPS, prefer the T5.
I keep hearing: some corals prefer T5 while others prefer LED's. A T5 LED combo seems to be the way to go.

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they say they will look like T5s but I hope they skew towards the pop of leds. At least the actinic.

I'm thinking of adding a strip of led actinic to my T5s but aesthetics are an issue.

I guess I'll wait and see.

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they say they will look like T5s but I hope they skew towards the pop of leds. At least the actinic.

I'm thinking of adding a strip of led actinic to my T5s but aesthetics are an issue.

They don't mean the spectrum they mean the design and the way the light spreads in the tank

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't mean the spectrum they mean the design and the way the light spreads in the tank
6. They are not "off-the-shelf" parts, we actually have a custom phosphor applied to the LED chips. It's not a mix of LEDs to "look" like the kelvin temp you want. By using these phosphors we get a truer full spectrum (minus UV)!

Thanks, Scott - Euroquatics

This is from a post earlier in the thread. I just don't know how T5 they will look. I'm hoping for a mixture.

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6. They are not "off-the-shelf" parts, we actually have a custom phosphor applied to the LED chips. It's not a mix of LEDs to "look" like the kelvin temp you want. By using these phosphors we get a truer full spectrum (minus UV)!

This is from a post earlier in the thread. I just don't know how T5 they will look. I'm hoping for a mixture.
They use phosphor in leds to make different spectrums you will still get the same pop and color with the blue one that you get with any other blue led

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

White light-emitting diodes are usually blue InGaN LEDs with a coating of a suitable material. Cerium(III)-doped YAG (YAG:Ce3+, or Y3Al5O12:Ce3+) is often used; it absorbs the light from the blue LED and emits in a broad range from greenish to reddish, with most of output in yellow. This yellow emission combined with the remaining blue emission gives the “white” light, which can be adjusted to color temperature as warm (yellowish) or cold (blueish) white.

Hope this helps

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know when these things will actually be available
Euroquatics plans to introduce the E5 at the upcoming indoor marketplace for aquarium hobbyists of all types, Reef-a-Palooza. The lamp will be available in limited quantity through Marine Depot and will make its way to other outlets in December.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know when these things will actually be available

FYI, it was mentioned before.
A good thing is that most ppl will read the whole story first.
That said it might be around December before they hit the market.

Lots of info coming out at RAP for sure. Dealers will be able to start placing orders at RAP for delivery 6-8 weeks after. There's a lot of logistics to get the production volume spun up. But we'll have most of the prototypes at RAP on our display tanks and we'll have a lower grade PAR meter and spectral meter there to give an idea on how they compare to some T5HO lamps. We can't bring the lab equipment to the show (from Holland), but you'll get an idea. :)

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the one I was looking for I couldn't remember what post it was in

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

READ! Wait you want people to actually read all 4 pages. That's CRAZY. Its easier just to ask and let the next person tell you the answer.
lolololololololol

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
READ! Wait you want people to actually read all 4 pages. That's CRAZY. Its easier just to ask and let the next person tell you the answer.
lolololololololol

not-funny-9ty8i2.jpg

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have the Blue Pop lamp that should give you the look you're wanting! ;)

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White light-emitting diodes are usually blue InGaN LEDs with a coating of a suitable material. Cerium(III)-doped YAG (YAG:Ce3+, or Y3Al5O12:Ce3+) is often used; it absorbs the light from the blue LED and emits in a broad range from greenish to reddish, with most of output in yellow. This yellow emission combined with the remaining blue emission gives the “white” light, which can be adjusted to color temperature as warm (yellowish) or cold (blueish) white.

Hope this helps

We use more than just basic phosphor used in white LEDs. We actually can mix multiple phosphors to get a richer spectrum and have far better control over the output! That's one part of the secret sauce. ;)

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting news coming out from Euroquatics with the introduction of the E5 LED Tube Lamp! The preliminary info says that these lights will be 3 x the cost of a traditional T5HO but lasts 8-10 times (8 years) longer and come with a 3yr warranty! More option for color are said to be coming in the next 3-6 months.

Does this change anything for those of you who use T5 now and what are your thoughts?

E5.jpg

Info from Euroquatics:
The new E5 from Euroquatics (in partnership with Transcend Lighting) is a direct replacement for your out-dated T5HO lamps. These new LED based lamps have the same output as T5HO but consume about 45% less power. These new lamps also last up to 8 years and come with an amazing 3 year warranty.

Product Overview:
  • Approximately 45% average power saving over T5HO
  • Directly replace old T5HO lamps (no rewiring needed)
  • Same output levels as T5HO
  • Starting with 5 amazing color options
  • Full range of standard sizes
  • NO mercury or other hazardous materials
  • 8 year product life
  • Amazing light quality and color rendering
  • Proprietary and custom LED phosphor technology
  • Highly recyclable
  • 3 year warranty
color.jpg
power.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back