Euroquatics LED Tube lights to replace traditional T5HO lamps!

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and if you do feel like reading the rest of the thread you will surly find the horses mouth answer the shimmer question more then a few times.

Thank you
And if you would read the post you would realize I have been following along and asking questions since the start of this post if you don't have an informative answer to my question don't post an answer at all

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to hear it from the horses mouth thank you seeing as they're the only people that have seen them all working and running properly
I have seen them running as did about 4000+ others at Reefapalooza and I answered the question in my post.

Once again, It is a diffused light. It looks like a flourescent tube. you cannot see the LEDs when it's off. It's just a white tube. When it's on, the white tube lights up. You can ever so faintly see where the LEDs are placed when it's lit up. I would say the LEDs are each spaced 1/2" to 2/3" apart. The light was never designed to produce shimmer. They were designed to replicate T5.

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen them running as did about 4000+ others at Reefapalooza and I answered the question in my post.

Once again, It is a diffused light. It looks like a flourescent tube. you cannot see the LEDs when it's off. It's just a white tube. When it's on, the white tube lights up. You can ever so faintly see where the LEDs are placed when it's lit up. I would say the LEDs are each spaced 1/2" to 2/3" apart. The light was never designed to produce shimmer. They were designed to replicate T5.
Thank you for the more informative answer. that was the information I was looking for, I know you posted earlier but you didn't go into detail by what you meant and that's why I was asking the question to euroquatics.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys for the delay. I saw the bulbs at the show.

Unfortunately all of the bulbs did not arrive at the show. The only bulbs that arrived were the white bulbs.

They had a plan to show off the bulbs in a 10 bulb ATI Powermodule. They had 5 E5's on the left and 5 T5's on the right. I got to see it lit up for a brief moment and to the eye, the LED was visually a tad brighter. IMO, that was impressive as the a T5 in a Powermodule is as good as it gets for T5. The problem for Euroquatics, was the overall output of a 10 bulb Powermodule was way too bright to use as a display. They then opted for some Aquatic Life fixtures that they placed over a tank, LED's on one side and T5 on the other. Basically the bulbs were pretty close although the E5 seemed to be a bit more white (could be because some of the white E5s were 15k and 20K. They also had watt meters showing the 40% energy savings.

As for shimmer, there is none. It looks just like a T5.

I invite you to read the last sentence

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyways on that note I guess this isn't going to be the avenue for me unless they come out with a bulb with a clear cover on it so that the LEDs can shine through and you can get the shimmer effect from them

knukles55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually if the blue bulbs give off the same florescence a regular royal blue LED fixture would give without the shimmer that would look freaken awesome. don't get me wrong I love shimmer but the option to have no shimmer and same florescent look you want might be a good one. just my .02

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually if the blue bulbs give off the same florescence a regular royal blue LED fixture would give without the shimmer that would look freaken awesome. don't get me wrong I love shimmer but the option to have no shimmer and same florescent look you want might be a good one. just my .02
They told me you will get the led actinic pop.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts? I currently have a 4 bulb fixture in which I'm going to start off by replacing 2 of them with these E5's. Question is, I'll be replacing 2 ATI Coral+ bulbs first, so am I going for the 15K Cool Whites or the 10K day bulbs? The other 2 bulbs to be replaced later are 2 Blue+ so of course I'll be grabbing 2 of the 450nm Blue Pop's.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping with the pre-order at MarineDepot that there may be some sort of discount to go along with that as well. Its going to make for a nice X-mas gift to myself this year!!!

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking on the net at some graphs, trying to compare these bulbs, it looks like the ATI Coral+ may be better compared to the E5 Cool Daylight and the ATI Aquablue Special to the E5 10k? I'm just trying to make sure when spending this kind of money that I get the bulb combo right.

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euroquatics plans to introduce the E5 at the 2015 Reef-A-Palooza show next weekend (October 10 and 11) in Costa Mesa, CA. Euroquatics made waves in the industry last year when they unveiled their Angel LEDs at the 2014 show. The E5 lamp will be available first (in limited quantity) at MarineDepot.com later this year.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what wattage the individual led's are in these guys? I'm guessing under driven 3w?

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what wattage the individual led's are in these guys? I'm guessing under driven 3w?

@luke33 - What does individual LED wattage tell us? The reason I ask that way is because as part of Gavita we are focused on the science of light, not things like wattage. The 4' E5 is a 30W lamp whether we do that is 10 LED or 100 LEDs means nothing really. We do use more LEDs to help with the defused look of T5, and keep in mind that LEDs that are run cooler (not at their upper limits) will run longer and more reliably. ;)

The E5 lamps give the following wattage (as a complete unit)
2' - 15W
3' - 23W
4' - 30W
5' - 45W

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back